Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Software Update not finding Bootcamp 6.0 driver package

Right after installing my windows 10 upgrade from my previous windows 8.1 install in bootcamp i was told to runt he apple software update app to find the latest bootcamp 6.0 drivers. I have done this a million times and it never finds the bootcamp 6.0 drivers. I even tried downloading the latest bootcamp support software from a mac running yosemite onto a flash drive, those drivers are not bootcamp 6.0 They are the same outdated drivers including version 2.1.3 of apple software update. Can somebody please for the love of God, just upload the complete bootcamp 6.0 driver folder for all of us to download directly and install manually??????????????? why the **** doesn't apple just have it as a download on the bootcamp website??????????????????

or at the least upload just the latest version of apple software update for bootcamp. Then i just manually install it and then it will probably find the driver package instantly. But i must update the update program.lol thanky ou in advance

27 inch intel imac 3.4 ghz 16 gigs -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), AMD RADEON 6970M 2048 RAM

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 3:16 PM

15 replies

Sep 18, 2015 3:53 PM in response to Acuraice

Acuraice wrote:

Right after installing my windows 10 upgrade from my previous windows 8.1 install in bootcamp i was told to runt he apple software update app to find the latest bootcamp 6.0 drivers. I have done this a million times and it never finds the bootcamp 6.0 drivers.

Run Windows Update first, and do not include any drivers. Once you have the latest Windows Update installed, then check the version of Apple Software Update.

I even tried downloading the latest bootcamp support software from a mac running yosemite onto a flash drive, those drivers are not bootcamp 6.0 They are the same outdated drivers including version 2.1.3 of apple software update.

If you run BC Assistant on a Mac which does not support W10 based on the list of Macs supported for W10 in Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support you will not get BC6 drivers.

Can somebody please for the love of God, just upload the complete bootcamp 6.0 driver folder for all of us to download directly and install manually??????????????? why the **** doesn't apple just have it as a download on the bootcamp website??????????????????

You can use Brigadier (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier) from any OS X machine and download BC drivers for any Mac using the model identifier (for example MacbookPro8,1).

Apple is using this which prevents users from downloading and installing drivers which are not certified on specific Macs on W10 and avoid problems in the future.

Please ensure that the upgrade was executed on a listed Mac. The hardware UUID is also used by BCA to obtain the correct drivers.

Please also see Direct download of Boot Camp 6 drivers .

Sep 18, 2015 4:08 PM in response to Loner T

thank you for your help. I have the latest updates ( all available updates) for windows 10. and as for the unsupported mac BS, i have windows 10 installed on a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo imac from 2005!!! It tells me i can only install windows 7 yet ive had windows xp, windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 and now windows 10 all installed easily and without apple bootcamp assistant's restrictions. I just need somebody to upload the bootcamp drivers for a supported mac! Then i can easily handle the rest including hacking the installer to work in windows since every bootcamp update i have had to hack the installer to work to get it to install the drivers form the included package. let me ask you this... if u can download and send to me the correct bootcamp 6.0 drivers with all the latest correct drivers for windows 10 i will send you a payment of at least $20 if you have paypal for helping me out. again why cant apple just have a direct download of the bootcamp 6.0 driver package on the support page like in the past??????????????????????????????????

Sep 18, 2015 4:50 PM in response to Acuraice

Acuraice wrote:

if u can download and send to me the correct bootcamp 6.0 drivers with all the latest correct drivers for windows 10 i will send you a payment of at least $20 if you have paypal for helping me out. again why cant apple just have a direct download of the bootcamp 6.0 driver package on the support page like in the past??????????????????????????????????

I will save you $20. 😉

Here is my test with Brigadier.

MyName-rmbp:brigadier-master MyName$ ./brigadier -h

Usage: brigadier [options]

Options:

-h, --help show this help message and exit

-m MODEL, --model=MODEL

System model identifier to use (otherwise this

machine's model is used). This can be specified

multiple times to download multiple models in a single

run.

-i, --install After the installer is downloaded, perform the install

automatically. Can be used on Windows only.

-o OUTPUT_DIR, --output-dir=OUTPUT_DIR

Base path where the installer files will be extracted

into a folder named after the product, ie.

'BootCamp-041-1234'. Uses the current directory if

this option is omitted.

-k, --keep-files Keep the files that were downloaded/extracted. Useful

only with the '--install' option on Windows.

-p PRODUCT_ID, --product-id=PRODUCT_ID

Specify an exact product ID to download (ie.

'031-0787'), currently useful only for cases where a

model has multiple BootCamp ESDs available and is not

downloading the desired version according to the post

date.

MyName-rMBP:brigadier-master MyName$ ./brigadier -m MacBook8,1 -o Bootcamp-MacBook8,1

Output directory Bootcamp-MacBook8,1 that was specified doesn't exist!

MyName-rMBP:brigadier-master MyName$ mkdir Bootcamp-MacBook8.1

MyName-rMBP:brigadier-master MyName$ ./brigadier -m MacBook8,1 -o Bootcamp-MacBook8.1

Using Mac model: MacBook8,1.

Model supported in package distribution file at http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/28/26/031-24514/qx7ph7k6mewtcf4eyhxmiil gc7r2ikjgud/031-24514.English.dist.

Distribution 031-24514 supports the following models: MacBook8,1, MacBookAir5,1, MacBookAir5,2, MacBookAir6,1, MacBookAir6,2, MacBookAir7,1, MacBookAir7,2, MacBookPro9,1, MacBookPro9,2, MacBookPro11,1, MacBookPro11,2, MacBookPro11,3, MacBookPro11,4, MacBookPro11,5, MacBookPro12,1, MacPro6,1, Macmini6,1, Macmini6,2, Macmini7,1, iMac13,1, iMac13,2, iMac13,3, iMac14,1, iMac14,2, iMac14,3, iMac14,4, iMac15,1.

Making directory Bootcamp-MacBook8.1/BootCamp-031-24514..

Fetching Boot Camp product at URL http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/28/26/031-24514/qx7ph7k6mewtcf4eyhxmiil gc7r2ikjgud/BootCampESD.pkg.

100.0% 1633591296 / 1633586781 bytes

Expanding flat package...

Extracting Payload...

Extracted to Bootcamp-MacBook8.1/BootCamp-031-24514/WindowsSupport.dmg.

Done.

MyName-rMBP:brigadier-master MyName$ cd Bootcamp-MacBook8.1/

MyName-rMBP:Bootcamp-MacBook8.1 MyName$ ls -lt

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 3 MyName staff 102 Aug 13 11:57 BootCamp-031-24514

MyName-rMBP:Bootcamp-MacBook8.1 MyName$ cd BootCamp-031-24514/

MyName-rMBP:BootCamp-031-24514 MyName$ ls -lt

total 3188544

-rw-r--r-- 1 MyName staff 1632530665 Aug 12 00:59 WindowsSupport.dmg

MyName-rMBP:BootCamp-031-24514 MyName$ pwd

/Users/MyName/Documents/brigadier-master/Bootcamp-MacBook8.1/BootCamp-031-24514

MyName-rMBP:BootCamp-031-24514 MyName$ ls

WindowsSupport.dmg

MyName-rMBP:BootCamp-031-24514 MyName$ openssl md5 WindowsSupport.dmg

MD5(WindowsSupport.dmg)= a3d3e4f4a950fe6b47c4cb55f7cd7e02

Sep 26, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Loner T

hey buddy its me again. I understand a little what youre saying about using the bridgadier thingy, but im also so confused how to use it. The website is very generic and confusing to me. If i send you my imacs hardware number and whatever else you need, can you use the brigadier website to download the esd package of the correct bootcamp 6.0 drivers for my particular imac????? Then i can easily send you the $20 v\ia paypal. I have 99% of the drivers installed and working perfectly but i had to disable the apple hfs driver from bootcamp 5.0 to re-enable system restore point saving and disk image backups in windows 10. All i really need is the bootcamp 6.0 apple hfs driver(updated version) and possibly the bootcamp 6.0 taskbar app(updated version) then i will be ready to go. with the latest everything and not have to disable the apple hfs driver. Not a huge deal but im afraid i will hit the format button by accident if that popup comes up now that the apple hfs driver is disabled.

Oct 6, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Loner T

Loner, thanks you for comments here. It seems you're the one who knows what to do with direct download of drivers !

Can you please help me with it? I don't know why but bootcamp 6 don't want to download drivers (the server error). I'm gonna to install Windows 10 on iMac15,1 (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015). I'm far from coding and can't get right what to do with your links 😟

Thanks in advance!

Oct 6, 2015 1:19 PM in response to Dabooos

1. Do you have an existing installation of Windows on your 5K?

2. The download can be slow, but can you check if you meet Requirements for Software Update Service - Apple Support ? Resolving names of servers, internet connectivity, etc.?

3. Are you downloading BC drivers over Wireless? Wired connections are much more stable an much faster. Sometime your geographic location seems to make a difference.

4. In BC Assistant, if you only use option 2, is your driver download successful ?

5. The Brigadier utility is primarily for Terminal use. The downloaded .dmg file can be restored to a USB, from which you can install BC6 drivers. It may not address your windows 10 installation, because without these drivers your BT keyboard/mouse may not work. You can use wired KM, if available.

Oct 7, 2015 12:24 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for your time!

1. No, I have no any Windows

2,3 - It is OK here

4. It stops with server error every time I run it.

5. I have downloaded a package from here: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/28/26/031-24514/qx7ph7k6mewtcf4eyhxmiil gc7r2ikjgud/BootCampESD.pkg and added BotCamp folder with drivers to flashdrive. Will it work?

Also as I see bootcamp have created bootable flash despite on step with driver download. Can I proceed with it?

Apple Software Update not finding Bootcamp 6.0 driver package

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.