Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot take recent calls after upgrading to iOS 9

I've upgraded to iOS 9 last week and I found that my call functions are not working properly.

*Call history is not displaying

* Not Displaying missed calls

*Dial Pad is not active

*Cannot access favorites.

Basically I cannot access Call function window.( I don't know the correct term for that. Sorry ) If i need to get a call, i need to search it form the phone book and find the number. If it's a number i didn't save, i cannot take it.

After restarting, i can access it once. after that, it will appear blank and inactive.

PS. i've restore the phone twice and check. but it's same.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 10:07 PM

am also facing same problem.

in my iphone 4s.

41 replies

Sep 25, 2015 5:38 PM in response to ink2m

I Have the same problems with my iPhone 6 I got last year (September 23,2014). I've upgraded to the newest software and it's still not resolved. I so disappointed in the fact that Apple doesn't have a fix yet... Guess they are so interested in selling the ipho 6s. Called apple tech suppoDt and was advised to swap the device for $450... Guess it's time to start looking at the Samsung Galaxy S6. looks much better anyways. Hopefully someone from Apple would reply to this.

Sep 27, 2015 9:29 PM in response to Romelko

my problem was solved after upgrading. but it appears time to time. But it's not nasty as before. I think it's a memory problem. after i've closed recently used apps by the memory, and stand by and re enter, the problem seems vanished. (may be i'm wrong about the memory. but that's what i figured with spending some time with the phone. )

Sep 27, 2015 9:34 PM in response to prince2k00

i don't think the Samsung is the solution. I'll go to HTC instead of that. But i suggest to roll back to the previously ok IOS version and wait a little. They will definitely issue a never version with cure for 6. I'm just using a 4S. 8.4.1 version is ok for mine till 9.0.1 comes. as i stated, it's apparently didn't ware off permanently. just wait fingers crossed. I don't think once an apple user can move on to another brand. specially to the Samsung. 🙂 cheers.

Sep 28, 2015 1:48 AM in response to ink2m

my problem is solved for now. To be honest I have no idea how. I restored to various previous backups but the problem still remained. On the iPhone 6 I don't think you have the option to go back to a previous iOS once you have already moved to iOS 9, or at least I don't know how to do it. Each time I restored to an old backup, I would only have old data but still iOS 9.0.1. The problem of recent calls hanging was there each time I restored. So I finally gave up and restored to my newest backup (made after the recent calls problem started) as older backups were anyways not helping. And I was pleasantly surprised to see the problem had gone. I don't know if it will reappear, will wait and watch. But this was seriously the most frustrating thing that has ever happened to me with an apple product. For the first time the thought of moving away from apple occurred to me. The mess up with "slide to upgrade" and recent calls / dialpad hanging is unforgivable. I was on a business trip when all this happened, and have never been inconvenienced more.

Sep 30, 2015 1:29 AM in response to ink2m

Getting same issue with iphone 5s ios 9.0.1. anything related to phone functioins is frozen, contacts, dial pad, recent calls etc. Even the phone settings are non responsive. if i recive a call I can still take the call but I am unable to access the functions to make a call. The problem persists even after doing a 'Restore iphone' from itunes. Upgrade to 9.0.1 seems to have been the cause for me so no way to solve it through an upgrade until 9.0.2

Cannot take recent calls after upgrading to iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.