Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AMD RADEON R9 M290 (not 295, 295x or 290x) driver problem on windows 10

After waiting some weeks to get the new drivers from Apple BootCamp 6 for imac 5k with an Amd Radeon R9 M290 2GB video card on Windows 10 64 bits, the problem error code - 43 is not solved/fixed yet.

You can get the latest drivers from here (released today 21-Sep-2015):

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/bootcamp

Also from here (versions 15.7.1 and 15.8beta):

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Or you can download the drivers from Bootcamp Assistant following the step by step guide from apple here:

Boot Camp: Solucionar los problemas de instalación del software de compatibilidad con Windows

And neither of the above solutions are working for me. Always is the same error code 43.

But maybe it is only happening in Amd Radeon R9 M290 video card not in Amd R9 295, 295x or 290x. If you want to start the Catalyst program, you will have the following message error:

"AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center"

I attached a screenshoot about this problem. You can see the yellow warning icon over AMD REDEON R9 M290 video card and the AMD Catalyst Control Center message.

User uploaded file

I tested installing and re-installing over and over again Windows 10 64 bits Spanish edition on Bootcamp - imac 5k Mid 2015.

My imac is running

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU 3.30Ghz

16 GB Ram memory

1 Tb Hard drive (is not fusion drive)

Also I tested some possible solutions below and is not working form me with the R9 M290 Amd video card:

Retina 5K - AMD Boot Camp Driver failure

SOLVED - Anyone has 5k iMac and suffers driver issues in windows 10 gotta see this

And I tested an incredible step by step guide from camberry1 (using drivers 15.6 beta version) and it is not working for me with R9 M290 Amd video card

Re: iMac Retina Radeon R9 295X Windows 10 video driver - Working

---------

Can someone help me with some other incredible ideas to solve this problem?

Are you having the same problem with the same imac 5k and same video card?

Is Amd Radeon R9 M290 your video card?

Could be the "Spanish" Windows 10 idiom the problem?

Maybe is it working on Windows Home version but not in professional version?

Your comments, ideas, experiences, support, etc are welcome. Thank you.

bootcamp, windows 10, amd drivers

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 8:11 PM

27 replies

Nov 25, 2015 6:22 PM in response to Loner T

uffff my friend, I tried 1000 times or more of W10 clean installs, step by step, etc and the problem is always the same... it is a problem in the AMD drivers that Apple cannot see in his tests or Apple doesn't fix... but I'm not the only with this problem, there are many people with this driver problem... thanks anyway... I hope Apple can read this post, this forum, these messages to try to figure out the problem with the R9 290 and finally solve the driver error... I hope maybe some day.... maybe....

Nov 25, 2015 7:08 PM in response to alexfromcuenca

I'm frustrated with Alex on this one... I have the same glitch driver problem and have had a case open with Apple support since October 12th that is still open (it has been passed up the chain to their engineers). I did an extensive step by step install with them monitoring me to help them investigate... we shall see if they have any ideas.

I suffer with the same equipment as Alex too, R9 M290 driver (not 295, 0r 290x)... I too have a clean Windows 10 install (I never owned an earlier version so I didn't upgrade etc.). I too have used the latest BCA v6, and even last week updated (on the Windows side) the Apple Support for Windows 10, that had a AMD update to help 5K driver support, I figured I must be saved... but to no avail, still nothing,

Total bummer. I promise if I get results from the Apple Team or otherwise I will post here again, please do the same.

AMD RADEON R9 M290 (not 295, 295x or 290x) driver problem on windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.