Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My text messages are delayed since updating to ios9.

Anyone else having this problem? I get some messages a day later and it shows the timestamp that the message was initially sent. Like I received a message today at 5:28 pm and it was sent yesterday at 6:05 pm. Some messages only have a 9 hour delay. People are not receiving all the messages that I send. I'm sending to apple and android users. I have an iphone6. I'm also getting a message from an unknown sender saying "service denied".

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 7:12 PM

145 replies

Sep 24, 2015 7:59 AM in response to UNFOOLISH4U

I am having issues with group texts not working. They can see everything I am saying but I get nothing in return. Yesterday morning I woke up to 45 texts with the correct timestamp of when they were sent the previous day. Then yesterday afternoon 12 came through at once with time stamps from the morning. I also keep getting texts from unknown number saying "service denied." I took it to the AT&T store and they reset everything they could on their end but it's still doing it. It started before I upgraded to iOS 9, but I upgraded thinking it would fix it and it didn't.

iPhone 6, iOS9

Sep 24, 2015 7:53 PM in response to Carissa848

I did a restore of my phone. Itunes couldn't recognize my phone after I erased it, so I had to uninstall itunes and reinstall. After that I was able to restore from my backup. Phone seems to be working fine. I will know in the morning if I wake up to another 20 texts from tonight. You have to uninstall itunes in a specific order so that it doesn't mess up your settings. I called Apple support to walk me through the uninstall.

Sep 30, 2015 5:44 AM in response to UNFOOLISH4U

I am having the same issue. I have AT&T and went to them yesterday and they were no help at all! Basically had no idea what to say about the situation and apple doesn't either! Very annoying. Does anyone else have issues with group messaging? Sometimes I don't get the original message I just get the replies and my group messages never stay in the thread all the replies come in a new thread. HELP!

Oct 5, 2015 11:56 AM in response to UNFOOLISH4U

I have this issue too. On Saturday I was in a group text with 2 friends by my side and the other person in Vegas. The 2 with me were getting all the text, I was not. Although I was getting text from other people outside of the group text. a day later most of the text rolled in along with (2) service denied messages from "Unknown". I get back to work today and found out that at least one other person sent me text direct on Friday that never went thru.

Oct 5, 2015 2:10 PM in response to UNFOOLISH4U

I am having the same problem receiving group texts. It seems like once a day I will get some "rapid fire," in a round of 20-40 at a time. I also had an issue receiving one-on-one texts from an android user. Didn't get a picture they sent as a test until the next day. I have att and an iPhone 6s with ios 9.0.2. My husband has an iPhone 6 and is also updated to iOS 9.0.2 but he receives all texts normally (From the same group text I am not getting, as well) I have tried resetting network settings, hard reset, disabling LTE. Still doesn't help. After all the texts come through at once I also get the text from Unknown that says Service Denied. This happens when I am on both wifi and cellular strength at 3 bars (Same signal strength as my husband but he has Verizon).

My text messages are delayed since updating to ios9.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.