Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus lag iOS 9.0.1

I'm using a 128GB iPhone 6s Plus (AT&T). Screen is unresponsive from waking the device after it's been locked for a considerable amount of time. It takes about 3-5 seconds before it finally starts to respond to touch. Can't go into any app or change home screens during this short period. After it starts launching and switching apps very quick and snappy but this happens a lot right out of the box. Another repeating issue is navigating the settings menu. The selection hangs for a bit before advancing to the next screen. Who else is experiencing this? Wasn't there a public beta? Come on Apple fix this.

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 5:40 PM

43 replies

Sep 27, 2015 8:35 AM in response to LOLuMad

If I had set it up as a new phone and was having 3-5 seconds of the screen not responding to touch, I would contact Apple ASAP. If you purchased it from an Apple Store, I recommend taking it back during the 13-day return window and they may have replacement stock. If purchased from somewhere else, Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Sep 27, 2015 8:41 AM in response to Edward Hargreaves

The fact that others are having the same issue (I have posted this question in other forums as well with same feedback), this seems to be a software issue. I'm hoping Apple already knows about this issue and this picks up steam here as well. I am in the wireless business and will check in with the carriers to see if they are hearing the same thing from their customers and how they are handling it. I know some carriers the minute you walk out of their store, any issues must go directly to Apple. I guess it wouldn't hurt to check with Apple.

iPhone 6s Plus lag iOS 9.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.