Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Calendar locked/not available/not synching w/iPhone 6s

I cannot access iCloud calendar. I've gotten these four error messages at different times. My software is all up to date. Cannot synch Mac with iPhone 6s. I've had to go to Google, but this is a total pain!!!!! HELP!!

The Server is Busy or Unavailable

The server at p01-caldav.icloud.com is currently unable to handle the connection for account “iCloud” due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. If this continues you should contact the server administrator.

You may try to connect to the server again.

The server responded with an error.

The server is currently unreachable or its name is incorrect for “iCloud”.

Calendar is Locked

Due to account maintenance, Calendar is currently unavailable.

Connection Error

iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 8:52 AM

53 replies

Sep 30, 2015 6:19 PM in response to Beaverfood

Glad I'm not alone. Happening on multiple devices. Updated to El Capitan on my iMac and the problem persists. It's erratic. And, sometimes different error messages are being generated. But the one you've posted appeared verbatim for me a number of times today. I'm in touch with a Senior Apple Tech on this (I also have another strange calendar related issue which I thought could be related to this) so we'll see if the engineers find anything.

Sep 30, 2015 8:40 PM in response to Wayne Scheiner

Just to throw in my two cents, I've been experiencing the above errors on both my desktop, laptop, plus getting weird syncing issues on my devices as well and not just with iCal but also with my Reminders too.

I spoke with Apple Support by phone and they said the same thing - they were having lots of server related issues today but it's been resolved on their end.

I guess now we wait till it trickles down to our ends.

Oct 1, 2015 10:08 AM in response to Beaverfood

Just when you thought it was safe....

Happening again. Errors all day yesterday like others, then worked last night. Just opened Calendar on my MBP (with all latest updated for 10.10.5 except I have not let it do Safari 9.0), and getting the errors again. This time was one of the messages that has a "Try Again" button, but got the error "...try again later" this time.

So, it's not fixed. BTW, using the following link to status if Apple systems, showed all green with no messages that there was any issues or problems. In fact it stated: "There are no reported issues at this time." Seems that they need to work on status updates as well. And its still all green with that same message: "There are no reported issues at this time."

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Oct 1, 2015 10:46 AM in response to acthree

Raphael Gutierrez wrote:

I'm also having this issue. Unfortunately, this morning I don't have 3 spare hours to spend on the phone with Apple Support.

When I tried them by phone yesterday I got through in less than a minute but that was probably because I tried them around 1730-1800 MST.

Funny you guys have mentioned that the issues have returned because initially it didn't for me; however I've noticed within the last 15 minutes, my iCal is back on the fritz again as yesterday. I'm guessing Apple hasn't fully ironed out their issues with iCloud and this new update yet.

Oct 1, 2015 12:37 PM in response to Beaverfood

This is happening to me as well. It is super annoying, especially when it seems they say it is corrected on their end yet it has not changed anything on the end of the user.

I hope they get this figured out. Thankfully you posted something to let me know I was not alone. I did everything they said to solve the issue and still didn't help anything. It all started when I upgraded to El Capitan.

Oct 1, 2015 1:52 PM in response to Beaverfood

This problem started for me yesterday or the day before. I am on Yosemite on my laptop and still on iOS 8.4.1. So, while the cause of the problem may be an upgrade, it is affecting older OSs, too.

The error message has change for me, though. Now it says "Your calendar couldn't be refreshed. The connection with server p01-caldav.icloud.com has been closed. Try again later."

iCloud Calendar locked/not available/not synching w/iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.