Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay issue with El Capitan

Having a reliability issue while using airplay with el capitan to apple tv 3! it will either work after a long delay (and not turn off) or won't work at all. My iPhone 6S iOS 9.0.2 works fine with airplay and my home network is not an issue. Anyone else have this issue?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 1:31 PM

I have a similar issue with my MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) on El Capitan. I can connect to my Apple TV 3 (I copy the screen) but it's still not usable: slow framerate and the sound is "cut". I tried the old tips (disconnect the bluetooth for example) but nothing fix the problem.

Does Apple try their features?

PS: The AirPlay works fine with my iPhone 5s and my iPad Mini 2 Retina (both on iOS 9.0.2).

146 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Mikemk100

I have a similar issue with my MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) on El Capitan. I can connect to my Apple TV 3 (I copy the screen) but it's still not usable: slow framerate and the sound is "cut". I tried the old tips (disconnect the bluetooth for example) but nothing fix the problem.

Does Apple try their features?

PS: The AirPlay works fine with my iPhone 5s and my iPad Mini 2 Retina (both on iOS 9.0.2).

Oct 9, 2015 9:53 AM in response to Mikemk100

I too can't connect my iMac desk top to the Airplay. Everything is up to date as far as updates are concerned. When I go to "System Preferences/displays." At the bottom of the window under the iMac graphic where it says, "AirPlay Display:" The only option I have is "off". Can't get any thing else. In the top ribbon the Square icon with the down pointer under it is not showing. I get it to mirror with my iPad fine; so I know the Apple TV is working (yes, it says its software is up to date)

Oct 11, 2015 9:39 AM in response to Mikemk100

Same problem here. Macbook 13" mid 2014 and ATV 3 Gen. My iPhone 6 works fine with it, buy when I try mirroring my macbook it show tremendous lag, and is impossible to mirror a movie from my mac. Everything is up to date, I tried resetting everything, and my firewall is turned off. I have no idea what else to do, I use this constantly. Please Help

Oct 12, 2015 1:09 PM in response to jbarrail

I am having the same issue. I just updated my computer to El Capitan, and now my airplay won't work. I have updated iTunes and the ATV. I checked my firewall and it is off. I turned it on and put on the recommended settings, turned it back off, restarted the ATV and my computer and none of the changes matter. It will not give me the option in the display settings to turn airplay on. It just says off and has no option to say yes. I don't know what else to try......

Airplay issue with El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.