Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How well does iWeb work with El Capitan?

I've continued to use this old software with no significant problems with Yosemite, but plan on moving my website to another app fairly soon (probably EverWeb). However, I don't want to upgrade to El Capitan before I make this move if the upgrade significantly breaks iWeb.

Anyone have any experience with iWeb on OS X 10.11?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 6:20 AM

102 replies

Oct 3, 2015 5:42 AM in response to David Strait

iWeb (version 3.0.4) works even better on El Capitan and my iMac 27" 3TB fusion HD (late 2013). On Yosemite the blog articles section didn't expand automatically and you couldn't move to lower ledger to list more articles. These things work again in El Capitan!

For the rest no problems at all, publishing to FTP server works, masking works, editing images works, etc. Except for some old widgets of course ...

Oct 2, 2015 5:56 PM in response to Cro-nelis

I'm having the same problem too! I just tried to open iWeb and it crashed and gave me the report/reopen window at least a dozen times. I've installed El Capitan. I've already recreated my website in RapidWeaver 6, but I haven't entirely committed to FTPing that yet. If I can't get iWeb to run at least one more time to check my changes in RW6, I'll be stuck.

Oct 3, 2015 9:53 AM in response to David Strait

After attempting to add new links, I can say it's not working on my system. I no longer get the link symbol (blue circle with arrow) on any new links created in iWeb and many of my old link are not showing up in browsers. It is adding the link, but hidden from view until mousing over and then you see the finger point. This is beyond my level so if anyone knows if this is iWeb, browser or El Capitan related please jump in. Thanks.

Oct 4, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Cro-nelis

I have had some time to play around further and yes, it seems unique to this one site. I actually publish 3 sites with iWeb and the other two work great with El Capitan. The main site is no longer uploading properly and links are not working. If anyone has any input on how to reset this I'd love some advice. I have rebooted. I have run the Apple repair disk in utilities. I have published the entire site. I have deleted links and tried to re-add them and no luck. Not sure what happened. I can't create any new links either, but changes to text do appear. Thank you in advance.

Oct 4, 2015 10:47 AM in response to sethgdurham

sethgdurham,

Glad to hear this appears to be a limited issue (and possibly unrelated to El Capitan). Please post again if you find out more.

I wasn’t completely sure from your post if the issue is only with new links that were created with iWeb after you upgraded to El Capitan (and old links that were created before you upgraded work OK?). Or perhaps ALL the links on that particular site stopped working, regardless when they were created(?).

I still haven’t upgraded my desktop Mac where I use iWeb to update my main websites; just a couple laptops where I don’t generally use iWeb. However, I did make a quick website from my laptop and it seemed OK (I didn’t test it thoroughly, however).

Dave

Oct 4, 2015 1:19 PM in response to David Strait

I have a problem with my iWeb.

I updated my operating system as well ... and now i'm getting a message

Publish Error

There was an error communicating with the FTP server. Try again later, or check with your service provider.

for some reason it now won't publish.

I've confirmed the server address, username, password, directory path and protocol and port.

All seems fine. when I test the connection .. it reads

"Testing Succeeded!" You can now publish your site to the selected FTP server.

But then when I try to publish I get that publishing error..

any ideas as to why it won't work?

Ron

How well does iWeb work with El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.