Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xerox driver Workcentre 6015 for OS X 10.11?

My Xerox Workcentre 6015 has decided not to print after the upgrade to OS X 10.11 - I suspect a driver issue? Error message is: 'stopped' - Filter failed.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB 1333 MHz

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 12:59 PM

50 replies

Oct 2, 2015 1:48 AM in response to clarky46

The message will be due to plugins used by the driver not being compatible with the new security features in El Capitan. So you will need to wait for Xerox to release a supporting driver.

In the meantime, if your printer supports the Postscript or PCL printer languages and the Xerox is networked, then there is a generic version of each driver included with OS X. So you could try creating a new printer using the Generic Postscript driver. If that doesn't print correctly or at all, then remove this printer and create a new printer using the Generic PCL driver. The PCL driver will only print in B&W but it will at least get you printing until a new official driver is available.

Oct 6, 2015 3:41 PM in response to clarky46

How I Got My Xerox WorkCentre 6015NI To Print Under El Capitan In 24 Easy Steps!

I have a Xerox WorkCentre 6015NI and am running El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta (15B22c).

I’ve always used this (great) LED printer wirelessly, and I’d spent days trying everything to make it work with El Capitan, but to no avail.

The following worked for me (but your mileage may vary).

This is not advice, it represents only what >I< did and the results >I< got:

I:

00.) I left my Xerox WorkCentre 6015NI on and it was connected to my local Wi-Fi network (with a “local” IP address”) throughout this whole process (remember this because it will be important when you finally get the “Add Printer” stage). My Mac’s Wi-Fi was turned on and working throughout the whole process, as well

01.) I downloaded the “latest” driver from Xerox at http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-6015/downloads/enus.html?operati ngSystem=macosx1010&fileLanguage=en

02.) I selected “Mac OS X 10.10 - Yosemite” from the popup menu and downloaded one of the two drivers shown – the one for my model

03.) I went into OS X’s “Settings” and deleted the Xerox WorkCentre 6015NI from the “Printers & Scanners” preference pane AND I deleted it from the Printopia v2.1.14 preference pane

04.) I shut down my Mac (not “Restart,” but a complete “Shut Down”)

05.) I simultaneously held down the [COMMAND] [R] and Power Key and didn’t let go until the white progress bar exhibited behavior that was not its usual behavior

06.) I was presented with the pane titled “OS X Utilities” that offers its several options, but instead went to “Utilities” in the Menu Bar and selected “Terminal”

07.) When Terminal opened I typed “csrutil disable; reboot” {without the quotes}

– this disables El Capitan’s new System Integrity Protection (SIP), aka “rootless” mode (which is important to have enabled! – after this)

08.) When the Mac started up again, I left it for a few minutes to make sure everything was fully loaded and to allow time for any “housekeeping” daemons or cache files or temp files or fresh preference files to be written or ACL or XPC modifications to take place (if they needed to – IDK)

09.) After several minutes, when OS X seemed to “settle down,” and with no apps running, I launched the Xerox driver DMG for my printer

10.) I chose to “Continue” when a dialog box popped up warning that the driver’s installation may require an automatic Restart (which didn’t happen)

11.) I supplied my admin password when asked, agreed to the inscrutable “Terms” or whatever they were called

12.) THIS TIME, as opposed to all my countless prior attempts, when the driver performed its last step, “Validating Package Files,” it did not halt with an error! All done!

13.) For me, at least, no Restart happened, but I did do a full Shut Down anyway

14.) I started up, waited for things to “settle down” like before, then, with no other apps running, opened System Preferences, chose Printers & Scanners, clicked the plus icon/button and, because I’d left the printer on and connected wirelessly, OS X “saw” it, and it came up as an option to add

15.) I “Added” it, and a brief modal dialog box appeared saying something to the effect of “Configuring printer” or “Configuring printer settings” or whatever (it may have gone online to download “assets” or something – IDK – but being connected to the Internet would be imperative if this is the case)

17.) Its icon appeared with a tiny, green indicator dot followed by the word “Idle” (which was fine – it was “online” with WiFi, it just had nothing in its “spool”) and I checked the “Share this printer on the network” box, though I don’t know if this is necessary. This printer seems to work wirelessly under OS X >apparently< without explicit “AirPrint” support. I also added the printer to Printopia (in case I ever needed to resort to it, and so that print jobs could be sent to my Mac from my iOS devices for printing)

18.) I test printed a colorful Photoshop image, a Web page, a PDF, a text document – all successfully

18b.) (I also took the opportunity to drag the Apple Menu Bar items in the order I preferred and even got the Fantastical 2 Menu Bar icon to appear right in front of the date and time, and with other Apple Menu Bar items to the left of the Fantastical icon! Tsk, tsk...)

19.) This might have been unnecessary, but I quit everything and did another full Shut Down (Tip: when the screen seems to go completely black, wait a sec, and you might see a faint spinner suggesting it’s still doing some “Shut Down” stuff. You’ll know it’s done when the screen is truly pitch black)

20.) I simultaneously held down the [COMMAND] [R] and Power Key and didn’t let go until the white progress bar exhibited behavior that was not its usual behavior

21.) I was presented with the pane titled “OS X Utilities” that offers its several options, but instead went to “Utilities” in the Menu Bar and selected “Terminal”

22.) When Terminal opened I typed “csrutil enable; reboot” {without the quotes}

– this re-enables El Capitan’s new System Integrity Protection (SIP), aka “rootless” mode (which is important to have enabled! I mean, “The Russians Are Coming!”)

24.) After re-enabling SIP, the wireless printer continues to work fine, and even the Menu Bar icons have stayed put! (Though I've still got two of my fingers crossed – this may change with the next El Capitan release)

(This worked for >me< and might not work for you. And, Apple may not sanction this procedure, so caveat emptor, and if you proceed, only do so with a comprehensive understanding of the risks.)

Oct 6, 2015 9:40 PM in response to Michael Donahue3

Michael

Many thanks for this - it worked for me on El Capitan 10.11 (that is, first commercial release).

My configuration and printer are different. I have a CM205b on the USB port of an Airport Extreme. However, I followed your steps and apart from the restart being enforced during the printer driver installation, everything worked well.

This was a great suggestion and worked fabulously for me!

Rob

xerox driver Workcentre 6015 for OS X 10.11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.