Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"unable to download purchase. Try again on Purchased page" Help please?????

Okay guys, bought 2 apps and whoever I try to install them on the purchases page, it says "app failed to download. Please use the purchases page to try again."
I read other threads and tried a lot of things already. Tried deleting them from the applications folder, restarted, hit the reset all warnings for purchases button, under account settings, etc.

I really don't know what to do. I paid money for these apps, and it won't let me download. I have a 2013 mbp with El Capitan running. Can't figure it out.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

dave

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:57 PM

59 replies

Oct 5, 2015 10:39 PM in response to edyer2000

Hi, are you sure? I've been having the same problem, so I've read a TON of posts to figure it out and some people with Yosemite have the problem. Also the Apps I'm trying to download are RUNNING on my other iMac with EL CAPITAN. I tend to believe that the issue is on the Apple servers and the App Store...

Any way, just a comment. Here's the another post on the subject:

Re: call of duty

I hope they fix it soon...

Oct 6, 2015 2:56 AM in response to Ale Salas

Having this problem with the Corel Toast Burn App. All my other Apps downloaded no problem (iWorks, iLife, Corel Toast DVD and Corel Toast Audio) but this app refuses to download with Toast Burn failed to download... yadayada.

I have cleared the temp directory AppStore folder, rebooted, signed out, checked for downloads, etc, etc, etc.

The manifest.plist has the raw download URL which I copied and pasted in Safari and I get "Error - File can not be processed". The actual App is in the temp directory AppStore folder with a file size of zero kb.

My machine was rebuilt on day one of 10.11 with OSX Server and this App failed to download. I have since rebuilt the machine twice using standard 10.11 and again this one App refuses to download and install. Clean install in all cases (HDD completely formatted booting form an El Capitan USB boot disk). I have tried logging on using my Apple ID on work machines (10.10 and 10.11) and in all cases Toast Burn will NOT download with the same error.

Have been to-ing and fro-ing with a help rep who now insists that I have to phone in and they will advise me of the "complimentary and fee-based" support. Really? Without any evidence of assisting I need to pay? The problem is not our machines guys, I am very very sure that there is a serious issue with the Mac App Store (the logs are all there). Of course, let's try and convince Apple of that!

A.

BTW - heck if i'm paying to fix a server problem for Apple. I hardly get paid to fix my server issues!!!

Oct 6, 2015 7:00 AM in response to edyer2000

Yep I'm having the same problem with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I am glad to hear this. I found a bunch of Apple help pages like this one where people had the same problem and other people offered solutions but none of them worked. I was really worried for a day that I had done something and screwed up my account and wouldn't know how to fix it.

I'm glad to hear it's just that the games aren't yet updated for the new OS and the problem will be fixed shortly.

Oct 6, 2015 12:30 PM in response to d.weglarz13

As I'm fairly new to the Mac file structure, I too have been having this same issue and glad to have come across this post as it's not just me. I have actually reformatted my system three times in hopes to resolve the issue. In time, three apps paid apps and two free apps (outside of Apple) have given that error, not having been fixed from the refresh.

The Apple programs have no issues with error however. Of course, I can download a couple of the programs from the program author's sites (like Caffeine and Scrivener) bypassing the App Store and install without issue, but it won't show as installed within the App Store.

Oct 6, 2015 12:50 PM in response to Mac is the man

Quite right Mac is the man. So why did the Apple support person not ask me for the spec of Mac I have? However, as I have already mentioned that this has been tested on numerous machines, would that not indicate the issue is not machine specific?

My home machine is an iMac 11,1 (Late 2009 - 27 inch i7). Work machine is either a Macbook Pro 2010 and an iMac 11,3 (mid/late 2010 i5).

Current OS on my machine is 10.11. Current OS on MPB is Yosemite. Current OS on iMac 11,3 is 10.11.

A.

"unable to download purchase. Try again on Purchased page" Help please?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.