Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This message has not been downloaded from the server.

I am getting an error message that says "ThIs message has not been downloaded from the server" ever since I updated my iPad with the new IOS. I think my server uses Pop. Can anyone please help me figure out what I need to do. I am not real computer savvy so I would need it in simple language because I don't understans all the high tech talk. Thanks in advance!

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:42 PM

Hi Terri,
I understand that you are getting a message that the message has not download when trying to view emails on your iPad. Let's see if we can get it sorted out.
The first thing I would try is force closing out of the app. Double press the home button to bring up multitasking and swipe up on Mail. Once you have down that, launch mail again to see if the message fully downloads.
Force an app to close in iOS
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

Let me know if this works or need further assistance.

49 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 12:42 PM in response to Terri Adcock

Hi Terri,
I understand that you are getting a message that the message has not download when trying to view emails on your iPad. Let's see if we can get it sorted out.
The first thing I would try is force closing out of the app. Double press the home button to bring up multitasking and swipe up on Mail. Once you have down that, launch mail again to see if the message fully downloads.
Force an app to close in iOS
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

Let me know if this works or need further assistance.

Oct 7, 2015 12:15 PM in response to norm123

Thanks Norm, but I have tried that. I have also shut down completely. Nothing is working and I have important emails that I need to get to on a daily basis, sometimes more than once a day. I might add that I am now having the same problem with my iphone. i have checked with other coworkers and if they use a non Pop server they r not having a problem. I believe the new software update is where the problem is, I just don't know how to fix it.

Oct 8, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Terri Adcock

Hey Terri,
If that is still not working, you can look at the article below for some general troubleshooting for mail. Continue with restarting your device and you might need to remove the email account and add it back.
Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201419

If that does not work for you, then you might need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Contact Apple Support
http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Take care

Oct 9, 2015 11:50 PM in response to Terri Adcock

I have had this problem since upgrading all my devices to iOS 9. Two iPhone 5, 2 iPad various ages. I use several POP email accounts and no manner of reconfig achieved downloads. Only the message; "this message has not been downloaded from the server" . Have downloaded and installed AltaMail, a great little email app from the App store. Fully configurable for most on line email accounts as well POP accounts. This has solved the problem completely. No error messages since. There is clearly an issue with Apple's Mail program and iOS 9.

Oct 12, 2015 11:35 AM in response to Terri Adcock

I am having the same issues on my iPad after the update. POP message that I'll previously sent (using a Comcast email) and old emails (once I've read them) keep displaying This message has not been downloaded from the server. It seems to effective longer emails (especially threaded replies). I can usually read the email for a limited time, but any attempt to review the emails (both send and received) displays the This message has not been downloaded from the server.

Oct 14, 2015 10:29 PM in response to Terri Adcock

hi

i had this problem and have read a lot of threads. as a result i checked that my iPad and phone were not set to delete the message from server. ( under settings) and they were ok, but when i checked my iMac I found the box 'remove copy from server after retrieving a message ' was marked for all my accounts. I have unchecked that box and hope all is now well. go to mail/preferences/accounts/advanced. you have to untick for each account you have.

Nov 4, 2015 5:00 AM in response to norm123

I have been having the same issue on both my iPods ( my iPad 2 and my iPad Air 2 ) since the iOS 9 update, it fixed itselfe on tthe last update but since he problem has come crack since the 9.1 update and gotten worse it not has deleted all my emails with the same message. I have forced closed the app no luck I have powered off the device and turned it back on no luck, I have force rebooted the device and still the same thing my emails over a day old pop up with the same message "This message has not been downloaded from the server."

This message has not been downloaded from the server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.