Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

plist parsing errors

since yesterday, I've been getting errors on App Store on my MacAir.. and now it's persistent: plist parsing error when trying to download apps or even log into my account

Any ideas or solutions, folks?

App Store-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 4:22 AM

49 replies

Oct 13, 2015 10:16 AM in response to MacDegsy

I am having the same trouble. Yesterday I updated my iMac and Mac Mini to El Capitan. I did my MacBook Air last week.

Everything went fine and no problems until today.

I am getting the plist paring error or the service unavailable (503) alternately.

Also - when I look at the purchased apps on my iMac I am showing everything with an action of install or download.

These are apps I knew I had prior to El Capitan on the iMac.

Oct 13, 2015 10:22 AM in response to lefty516

I just spent some time with an AppleCare rep about this issue (10:15am Pacific time), and she said she just got an alert notice on her end about the problem. So at least they know about it. I was having the same issues - trying to upgrade to El Capitan, and both plist parsing error and 503 service unavailable error messages.

So hopefully it's just a matter of time.

plist parsing errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.