Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing issues with my iPad? (iOS 9.0.2)

Ever since I recently upgraded my iPad and iTunes to 9.0.2 and 12.3.0.44 respectively, it appears that I am unable to update my music library after about a 20-minute long sync. Same goes for my iPod.

I'm not sure if this also applies to my films, TV shows, music videos and apps as well, but at the very least, I would be glad if one was to provide a fix to this.

If there's no solution for this issue so far, then I really hope that Apple is doing their best to iron this out.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 1:45 PM

5 replies

Oct 12, 2015 2:20 PM in response to JHolleworth

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any lines that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

Oct 17, 2015 11:41 PM in response to JHolleworth

Thought I'd do a bit of an update on the matter.

Apparently, I can still sync photos and apps just fine. But I've lost a few music files that didn't come from the iTunes Store while my iPad was syncing for about 20 minutes like always. (And no, I'm not talking pirated music or anything like that. I hate doing it.)

And because of my syncing issues, I can't get them back at all. If Steve Jobs was still alive, he would be cringing at how far his company has fallen.

Seriously, iOS 9.0.2 has been driving me nuts recently. I REALLY hope an update comes along where they fix this.

When it comes to what Mac OS I'm using, I'm on Mountain Lion. Keep that in mind when coming up with a fix.

Oct 18, 2015 6:29 AM in response to JHolleworth

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7163823 - If you have signed up for Apple Music or iTunes Match you won't have the option to manually manage music/sync to a device in iTunes. Syncing is done through iCloud and all your eligible music should appear there.

A bit more about this, and some options- https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7194995

and a workaround - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7202449?answerId=28842873022#28842873022

If you have not signed up for one of the iCloud based services:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7104625?answerId=28481661022#28481661022 - "Music syncing has changed in iTunes 12.2.0 and iOS 8.4 Music App."

Oct 19, 2015 12:27 AM in response to Limnos

I don't get how "Sync checked songs and videos only" is not working.

I'm not seeing any "iCloud Music Library" everyone's on about in my iTunes either.

Thank you for turning my iPod and iPad into bricks, Apple. (NOT.)

If I had just stayed in the stoneage with iOS 8, none of this would be happening to me.

I rarely find times to hate on companies I've liked for a long time, but Apple deserves all the hate they're getting for this trainwreck of an iOS.

Syncing issues with my iPad? (iOS 9.0.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.