Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari does not open links from twitter

Something strange happens from the time ElCapitan installed:

safari does not open links from twitter

How to solve it?

I have checked safari preferences, extensions, general, security and all are ok.

Example:

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 1:11 AM

41 replies

Oct 24, 2015 7:31 AM in response to radacoca

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History…. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Oct 24, 2015 3:45 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric.

After first step : Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches- it was better for about one hour using Safari.

Then I went through second step, moving Caches.db to trash.

There are more similar extension, I did not delete it

.User uploaded file

At this moment it is better, but will see again after a few hours of using safari.

I have only two extensions.

User uploaded file

Oct 25, 2015 1:36 AM in response to radacoca

I have the very same problem with twitter and Google (maybe with some other sites that use https) when I make query from the address bar or sometime when I enter a url. It started right after update to Safari 9.0.1 and El Capitan.

I have tried:

- empty cache

- disable extensions

- clear history

- some manipulations with keychain and certificates (Safari 9 doesn't open some even major sites. Chrome, FF -- ok.) which helped with one site that didn't open at all.

I don't have any firewall or antivirus or any stupid things like that installed on my laptop that could possibly affect the work of Safari. There are only 2 extensions for Safari -- Evernote and AdBlock and with or without them the problem persists.

FF and Chrome are ok.

The problem is with Safari only.

Two questions:

- What has Apple done with the latest update to Safari that made it nearly impossible to work with this earlier almost perfect browser?

- Is there a clear and working solution to this problem?

Oct 25, 2015 2:54 AM in response to radacoca

I bought a new iMac last week with El Capitan preinstalled. I've encountered this error and I can't seem to overcome it. Regardless of where I open t.co links they do not load, refreshing eventually works which makes it all the more mystifying. I'm not sure if it's limited to t.co links or if other url shorteners have this problem. I've deleted extensions, emptied cache, cleared history and reset Safari manually and still the issue persists. On my other iMac I installed El Capitan and it suffered from the issue too. On Mavericks everything loads fine.

Oct 30, 2015 7:34 AM in response to jamesbondjr

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Safari does not open links from twitter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.