Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Move Goal problem

I have an apple watch which I've had for 171 days and the reason I'm so sure is that every day since I got the watch I complete all 3 of the activity circles and consequently the move goal achievement was up to 171. On Saturday I went for a run and used runkeeper on the apple watch + my iphone was in my pocket. Total calories burnt on the run were 464, and my daily goal is a minimum of 400.

To my horror on Saturday I realised that the 464 calaries had not been added to the move total, even though it was showing in the graph and under the workout section as a 464 CAL Outdoor Run.

Is there any way I can correct this?

NB, my iPhone is version 9.1 and the watch is OS2. Runkeeper is 6.2 (250) which has apple watch support. It was the first time i had used runkeeper running on teh apple watch and I fear that might be the problem.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Apple Watch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2015 6:00 AM

42 replies

Mar 12, 2017 6:23 AM in response to Stevefromburnley

Hi everyone,

It has been a year since we were discussing this, so hopefully many of you will see this reply and respond.

I stopped using Runkeeper because of this and have been using Apple Workouts. I am on a 366-day streak of completing all three rings. I have been considering using Runkeeper again because of some other features it has such as shoe mileage tracking. Everything we have been discussing has had several updates since the last posts in this thread - Runkeeper, iOS, and watchOS.

So my question to you is, has the problem of Runkeeper calories vanishing the next day from the Activity app been fixed? Are you able to use Runkeeper and keep your streaks going?

Joe

Oct 27, 2015 9:46 AM in response to Stevefromburnley

I'm having the same exact problem. iPhone 6+ (iOS 9.1), watchOS 2.0.1, and Runkeeper 6.2. I just lost my 176 day completion streak!

The same thing has happened 3 days in a row:

• according to the watch as the day goes by (including workouts) I'm filling in the move circle
  • when I complete my move goal, I get the notification on the watch
  • when I complete all 3 goals, I get the notification on the watch
  • if I look in the Activity app, the move circle is filled in and it jives with the graph data and the Runkeeper workout is listed
  • when I look at the Activity app the NEXT day, part of the move data is gone (and I'm below my goal) even though the graph looks correct

I suspect Runkeeper as well as I've had some other weird issues with it. On some runs, I'll stop the run on the watch and save it, then go to the phone and the Runkeeper app will need to save it again. This might be why I sometimes see 2 or 3 identical workouts in the Health and Activity apps though not in the Runkeeper app or on the website. This is very frustrating as I prefer the Runkeeper app.

One thing I'm trying today is to re-order the data sources for "Active Energy" in the Health App to see if that helps. In the Health App, go to Health Data > Fitness > Active Energy > Share Data, then click Edit and move the Runkeeper source to the top of the list.

Oct 27, 2015 9:56 PM in response to JayNoon

A few of my findings:

• The calendar view in the Health app still shows the correct # of calories, its the Activity app that's wrong.
  • I disabled Runkeeper's Write Workouts permission, which forced Runkeeper to ask for permission again, but this time it was asking for way MORE permissions. Before, Runkeeper had one write permission: Workouts. It had ~10 Read permissions. Now both categories have matching permissions. To be clear, all available perms were turned on before, there were just far fewer permissions.

Hoping that had something to do with it.

Oct 29, 2015 5:36 AM in response to JayNoon

Unfortunately, moving the Runkeeper source to the top of the list of Active Energy sources did nothing. I still had the problem this morning. In the Activity app, the calories coming from Runkeeper don't seem to be counted. As JayNoon mentioned above, the Health app seems to be correct. I don't know if the bug is Apple's or Runkeeper's but it's frustrating!

I'll try the Workout app tomorrow to make sure it's Runkeeper, but I'm betting it'll be just fine.

Oct 29, 2015 6:35 AM in response to Stevefromburnley

IM having a similar problem but purely in the activity app, I've never used runkeeper. I've hit my move goal every single day in October but the activity app stopped recording my longest move streak as at the 20th. It also didn't award me a perfect week last week for either stand or move despite the app showing I did hit both goals every day of the week. This is really frustrating as I was aiming to get my perfect month badge (10/2015) and it now looks like my chances are completely scuppered! I contacted apple support and she tried searching the Internet for the problem - doesn't fill me with confidence!!! Sooooo disappointed, hope they fix this obvious bug. I updated to watchOS2 long before the 20th (the day of release, can't remember when that was) so don't think it's related to that.

Oct 31, 2015 7:24 PM in response to Sterojo

So Sterojo, did you manage to solve the problem.

I'm in the same boat; I did completed the 3 rings for the last two weeks but it has not given me the weekly achievement, and it stopped my longest move streak. I traveled to the East coast and it messed up the time (although I completed the rings in time). I fear I won't have the October achievement, although I just finished my rings 😟

Nov 1, 2015 1:28 AM in response to garritaslinderrimas

No It's now 1st November and I hit every single day in october but no badge for perfect month, no perfect week and a longest streak still stalled at 20th October. Have been speaking to an apple care rep who took me through resetting the communication between the watch and phone; he's due to call me back tomorrow but I can't see it has achieved anything. It's clear from speaking to them they don't really know how to deal with it and oddly don't seem to have encountered the problem before. I'm not holding out much hope...

Nov 2, 2015 2:32 AM in response to Erik Ferlanti

I'm having the same exact problem. iPhone 6+ (iOS 9.1), watchOS 2.0.1, and Runkeeper 6.2. I just lost my 176 day completion streak!

The same thing has happened 3 days in a row:

• according to the watch as the day goes by (including workouts) I'm filling in the move circle
  • when I complete my move goal, I get the notification on the watch
  • when I complete all 3 goals, I get the notification on the watch
  • if I look in the Activity app, the move circle is filled in and it jives with the graph data and the Runkeeper workout is listed
  • when I look at the Activity app the NEXT day, part of the move data is gone (and I'm below my goal) even though the graph looks correct

Same issue here (with iPhone 6 - iOS9.1, watchOS 2.0.1, Runkeeper 6.2). So annoying!

Thanks to the topic starter and this specific reply bij Erik Ferlanti. I think we have a fairly detailed record of what is going wrong, and that this is a bug either within the watchOS and/or Runkeeper. Especially the fact that you get notifications during that day that you have reached all goals, only to find out that everything is gone later/the next day is very frustrating. 😟

I lost a 99 day Move streak because of this - and I'm more annoyed by it than I'd like. I'm really hoping that there will be a solution to "recalculate" previous days and restore this bug/issue, but I'm not getting my hopes up. As far as I know there is no way to resolve this right now - other than to only use the build-in Workout app if you care about your acitivity rings...

Tried to contact Apple Support 3 times about this (chat, phone and phone) but while the Chat-person seemed to understand the issue the phone calls were of not much help due to being disconnected twice before I was able to explain the problem at a person that was at the right level to understand it.

Nov 2, 2015 7:15 AM in response to Stevefromburnley

Yes, same thing here.

Last week I started to workout with Watch regularly. I've been using Runkeeper on my iPhone 6 for a number of months and was glad to see it worked with Watch. When I started using the watch with Runkeeper, I would see the Runkeeper calories added to my Move calories ring from my daily workout. But then I noticed something odd. Even though the Runkeeper activity would be listed in the Activity app on my iPhone, sometime the next day, those calories would be removed from the Move ring. Stranger still, the calories would still be in the Health app on my iPhone and shown under Workouts in the Activity app.

For instance, on the 27th, the Health app shows I had 328.71 calories. The Activity app now shows 120 calories in the Move ring, and the Workouts in the Activity app shows 209 calories from Runkeeper. On the 27th, the Move calories ring showed those calories. I even have screenshots that I started taking before the calories disappeared once I realized what was happening. Since the 28th, it has shown 120 calories.

The worst part? When I got my weekly summary this morning and it told me that I reached my calorie goal two days last week and that based on my activity it wanted to drop my calorie goal. I hit the calorie goal it originally had six out of seven days but because of the strange deduction of the Runkeeper calories I lost them. I met the goal the other days because I used the Apple exercise app instead.

Because the workout shows up under Workouts and even in the Health app, I think this is an Apple issue and not Runkeeper's.

I don't like not using Runkeeper, but I'd rather get the calorie count for now. The Apple Workout app works okay, though I like the Runkeeper display on my Watch much better.

Nov 6, 2015 8:52 PM in response to JayNoon

I Followed this advice and it has resolve the issue with the move goal, but would be nice if the app would still track the workouts too. I hope Apple is able to resolve the problem. I spoke with an Apple employee while at an Apple Watch Basics worksop last week and he knew nothing about the issue. It sounds rather petty that I need the visual for hitting my goals each day, even when I know that I did, but that is just how My brain works. I like external rewards and feedback. It like when you were in kindergarten and got a sticker from the teacher.

Nov 22, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Stevefromburnley

Hi

Have opened a new thread but only now saw this existing thread about the exact same problem - sorry.

I have set my Activity app to 500 active calories each day. Now it happened at least 3 times that in the evening I was above the 500 calories, however, on the next day, the calories were reduced to less than 500 days (minus 20 to minus ~50 cals). When I open the Activity app, I can see how the red circle moves back.

It even happened that I got a badge for my longest active period in the evening and the calories were corrected on next day. The badge remained, but my longest period had been re-set and I had to start over.

I use various apps to add active calories (eg. Seven, Runkeeper, Motfit), but I find it very strange that the calories only get corrected the next day and not immediately. What I can say for sure is that I did NOT use Runkeeper on the days this happened. I remember that I used Seven on one of those days for sure.

Regards,

Refi

Dec 15, 2015 9:50 AM in response to Stevefromburnley

I think this is fixed! I'm guessing it's the 2.1 update or the iOS 9.2 update. I've used Runkeeper twice in the last few days, and the Move calories match the Health app calories and don't vanish the next day. In fact, the Runkeeper calories are marked and have a different color in the Activity app than the regular Watch calories.

I'm happy that I can use Runkeeper again. The built-in Workout app isn't bad and I still use it for other workouts, but the Runkeeper app is more comprehensive and I get a map, too.

Apple Watch Move Goal problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.