Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Support Communities so difficult to use on iPhones?

I'm baffled at the fact that Apple, of all companies, doesn't have small-screen-friendly version of this community. Trying to type in these comment boxes is, at times, maddening due to the misbehavior of the text input. It's as if the site is laughing at us. "Oh, you wanted only a single capital letter at the beginning of your comment? YOu get two! And you want standard iOS punctuation? Only sometimes. And forget about being able to read one full line of your comment at once."

Of all companies to play friendly with smartphone screens and interfaces, Apple won't? I just don't get it. Anyone know why?

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 7:33 PM

23 replies

Nov 4, 2015 7:55 PM in response to BraytonAK

BraytonAK wrote:

I'm baffled at the fact that Apple, of all companies, doesn't have small-screen-friendly version of this community. Trying to type in these comment boxes is, at times, maddening due to the misbehavior of the text input. It's as if the site is laughing at us. "Oh, you wanted only a single capital letter at the beginning of your comment? YOu get two! And you want standard iOS punctuation? Only sometimes. And forget about being able to read one full line of your comment at once."

Of all companies to play friendly with smartphone screens and interfaces, Apple won't? I just don't get it. Anyone know why?

[i wanted to make sure i quoted you]

• dubble iniitial CAPS is a bug with TinyMCE rich text editor that affects iOS users
  • an App, a mobile friendly domain like mobile.apple.com (ETC) does not seem out of reach for the most valuable company in the world

WHY? Apple is accountable to their shareholders, not their users.

Nov 4, 2015 8:05 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

No doubt. They put on a good support show with the Genius Bar, which you could spin as marketing. The community feels like a forgotten back office that no one will spare a dime to improve. It's not appropriate for a premium brand, but like you said, shareholders couldn't care less about some out of sight, out of mind back office legacy system.

In the end, I guess it still counts as a tally point of "We have X number of support avenues."

I think I'll go have some ice cream.

Nov 15, 2015 7:59 AM in response to fong yee

Awesome. Twice now I've simply tried to agree w/ the sentiment of this thread (which has NOT been censored/deleted) and I've been censored/deleted. And of course, the deleted notification comes from a "noreply" email, so one cannot even find out how one has stepped outside of the bounds. I guess I'm being scrutinized now or just picked on, so I'll simply say this:

I agree. I wish it worked better on the iPhone so I could make better use of it there.

If I have overstepped again, perhaps the mod w/ the itchy trigger finger might explain why/how? Please?

Why is Apple Support Communities so difficult to use on iPhones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.