Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro System Sounds Abnormally Low

I've played around with the volume slder in Sounds setting screen but only get a momentary improvement in these sounds - lock sound, keyboard clicks, sent mail, various alerts. I'm on the release software (9.1). Listening to music or videos is terrific, the speaker system is amazing. But those system sounds remain extremely low even with the volume slider and side buttons adjusted to max. I've restarted and force restarted with no change. I feel that this must be software related since I can get the full volume from those sounds momentarily but as soon as I leave the settings app they're back to extremely low.

Hhas anyone else run into this and/or found a resolution?

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 2:13 PM

72 replies

Nov 13, 2015 5:15 AM in response to Arthur500

Those alert sounds and all the other system sounds are very low at all times for me also. Since you are experiencing that as well I'm assuming this is a software issue and hopefully will be resolved in 9.2. The overnight charging issue you mentioned occurred to many of us with the new iPhone 6S. Again I believe that was software and it only happened the one time for me. I believe something about iOS 9-9.1 affects the new devices primarily. I haven't encountered the overnight charging issue on the Pro yet but won't be surprised if it does.

I'm debating whether to consider the 9.2 beta to see if the sound issue would be fixed but I'm a little leery of installing beta software on a brand new device. I'll probably just wait it out.

Nov 13, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Arthur500

I have the same problems as you and others. Very low system sounds.. And after a full night of charging the IPad, It wouldn't wake up. Had to hold the home button and power button to get it to come back to life. Contacted Apple about the audio issue, but they had nothing... Hopefully it will be resolved in a SW update...

Nov 23, 2015 7:34 PM in response to papjo

I tried a different work around that actually worked. Why I did it in this order, who knows, but for me at least I can finally hear all system sounds.

Lift up from the bottom of the screen and turn on mute and Do not disturb. Then restart your iPad. After reboot, again from the bottom, turn them both off.

At that point my system volume was restored.

Hope it works for you!

iPad Pro System Sounds Abnormally Low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.