Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to 9.2 when I open my music app there's nothing but a picture of a girl listening to music. I can't listen to my music!! WTH? No access to my library. Please help.

I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS9.2 and now when I open the music app I can't access my library. It's only a picture of a girl listening to music with apple music written on it. There's no menu bar, no options or buttons to navigate to artists or music. It's so frustrating. How do I solve this? Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 15, 2015 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2015 11:37 AM

Hello jinthereddevil,

If I understand correctly you are unable to get past the initial splash screen advertising Apple Music. If there is not a link that says Go to My Music under the pink button to join Apple Music I would start by quitting the Music app:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

That should refresh the app and allow you to continue. If not you can also disable Apple Music in your Settings:

Go to Settings > Music...

Show Apple Music: Apple Music members can show or hide Apple Music content. To hide the For You and New buttons, turn off Show Apple Music.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

47 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2015 11:37 AM in response to Jinthereddevil

Hello jinthereddevil,

If I understand correctly you are unable to get past the initial splash screen advertising Apple Music. If there is not a link that says Go to My Music under the pink button to join Apple Music I would start by quitting the Music app:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

That should refresh the app and allow you to continue. If not you can also disable Apple Music in your Settings:

Go to Settings > Music...

Show Apple Music: Apple Music members can show or hide Apple Music content. To hide the For You and New buttons, turn off Show Apple Music.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Dec 25, 2015 8:21 AM in response to Jinthereddevil

Nothing Sterling suggested worked for me either. I was already logged in to my iTunes Store account but the problem, after about a hour just seemed to fix itself. Also, it happened on all of our various phones and devices so it wasn't a device issue. It would be nice if this didn't happen over Christmas when all those Bluetooth devices and headphones were being tried out for the first time. Must be coming to the end of the Steve Jobs era.

Jan 1, 2016 6:41 AM in response to sterling r

Ok, I went through these steps multiple times without success--it might work for a while then revert to the wretched woman with her stupid earphones. Then I turned on Apple Music in settings, did a hard reset, and it worked Ok, but did one more thing: went to the music app and stepped through declining the free 3 month subscription (I'm in a remote area with a 10 gig, slow monthly allowance so I don't stream anything and I like the music I own, and don't want more monthly bills). This seems to have eliminated the problem. The bug appears to be related to Apple's advertising for its free subscription trial.this reflects one thing I detest about Apple-the never ending effort to force people to comply with what Apple App folks want, not what the user wants. the last screen on my iPhone is full of unwanted Apple applications that suck up memory and can't be deleted.

Jan 21, 2016 2:21 AM in response to Jinthereddevil

Here is the fix

Go to settings - music - sign out of itunes

Then go back to music and open it, you will see the pic of the girl again, wait 30 seconds and you will get 2 options

Option 1 - join 3 month trial

Option 2 - my music

Select my music and now you can listen to music

You can then go back to settings - music - sign into itunes

Then you will see under settings - music will be a new option, join apple music this is obviously the trial

Enjoy your music

Peace in Lord Jesus name

Jan 21, 2016 9:45 AM in response to Jinthereddevil

Hi. I couldn't hear music in the car, and when I stopped, I accessed music, saw the girl with the headphones.. It was frustrating at first, so I turned off the phone. When I came back to the music screen, I just tapped it a couple times, and "an error occurred" showed on the screen with the woman, then a circle of lines, and then my music came back with the familiar screen. Not sure why this worked, but I'm glad I can access my music and playlists again.

After updating to 9.2 when I open my music app there's nothing but a picture of a girl listening to music. I can't listen to my music!! WTH? No access to my library. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.