Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change My Card on iPhone

"My card" in Contacts is not me and it won't let me edit it or delete the info. for the person listed (who happens to have the same first name as i do). Any ideas?

iPhone 6S. OS 9.2

I have already tried to delete the information for the person listed as "my card." Because the phone thinks it is "my card" deleting the contact and/or editing the info. does not work.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 26, 2015 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2015 2:09 AM

Create a new contact with your correct info, set that as "My Card" in:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Contacts > My Info

38 replies

Jan 17, 2017 10:44 PM in response to Miniwolf

It's definitely a Facebook problem. I had same issue. I fixed it by going to settings, contacts and changed My Info to my contact in address book. Then, went back to settings under Facebook, disabled all allowances/permissions. Restarted device. It showed no My Card person in Contacts. So, then I re-enabled all Facebook permissions in settings. I tapped on the Update all Facebook contacts and viola! It now shows myself as home person in my contacts.

Feb 5, 2017 10:02 PM in response to Miniwolf

If you’re on macOS, what you need to do is open Contacts. Once it’s open, click on “Contacts” in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Click on “Preferences.” After you do that, click on “vCard.” Then untick the box entitled, “Enable private me card.” After you do that, redo your card and save it. Click on your new card in Contacts, click on the “Card” menu in the menubar, and then click “Make this my card.” I hope this helps!

Apr 21, 2017 10:01 AM in response to Miniwolf

Facebook.

My wife would populate as me, my son would become my daughter according to Siri, my iPad would become my wife's iPad, some of my VIP contacts that are also on Facebook wouldn't text via Siri but I'd get a message that either contact has. I available mobile numbers (when they clearly have an iPhone), or I'd get "here's the phone numbers for so-and-so" then list an iPhone and an email for this person. Stupid.

Anyway, I nuked my Facebook & Messenger apps and magically, I am me again. I had to delete and add again those contacts that didn't work but all is ok so far now. I am going to add Facebook back in but set the permissions to. It sync with contacts. I believe that's where the problem lies.

Aug 7, 2017 9:14 PM in response to Miniwolf

I went to my info and put in a new account for myself however, it reverts back to the one that has both my information and the other "Susan"'s information in it - it thinks that is me so I can't delete her email address from it and just leave my own and I can't delete her facebook messenger connection - same problem - there is no edit function for either of those things - so it continues to call me by the wrong name and links me to her - I can't delete it - it doesn't even have a delete option at the bottom of the page - how in the world can I get it off of my phone and then enter myself back in with my picture and my name and ONLY my contact information?

Aug 7, 2017 9:18 PM in response to susanfromwinston-salem

I've already tried making another contact for myself - which will save in my "contacts" but my phone identity is still the wrong person with the wrong name and picture. I did edit the picture so it isn't her picture anymore but it reverts to her name even when I change it to mine - I took out her address, phone number, name but I can't remove her email address or her link to facebook - it is eternally linked to mine and that is extremely troubling to me! Also I hate having my phone think I'm her!!

Aug 7, 2017 9:46 PM in response to susanfromwinston-salem

Someone said I have to temporarily delete my FB app from my phone in order to have the ability to remove the link to the other Susan's FB messenger and her email address - although I don't know how that will free up the email address - as it is neither has a delete or change option - it is impossible to remove them - mine are on there, but so are hers! I need to get all links to her off of my card info. How do I delete the facebook app? I know how to reinstall it, but don't know how to delete it. - also how do I see if anyone answers this?

How to change My Card on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.