Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone MetroPCS Issue

I just put my iPhone 6S on MetroPCS a few days ago. I immediately noticed that my Visual Voicemail and VoLTE don't work, even though they did on my old iPhone 6. First I reset the network settings, no luck, then I reset the phone and set up as new, still no luck, well upon further research, I am not the only one that has this issue, this is a common issue with the iPhone 6S on the MetroPCS network, even though these features are listed as fully supported on the iPhone right on apples website. This is a known issue, and my question is if apple is working with MetroPCS to get this issue resolved in any way??? I tried contacting MetroPCS about this issue but their foreign technical support is atrocious, and really had no clue as to what I was speaking of.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2016 12:22 PM

38 replies

Jan 3, 2016 2:41 PM in response to sberman

It also doesn't show support for any galaxy phone beyond the S III either, even though they sell the galaxy s6, my point being, the compatibility check on the MetroPCS website is severely outdated. Apples own website shows full support for VoLTE and visual voicemail on MetroPCS: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support .

Jan 3, 2016 3:45 PM in response to AdamJ1984

AdamJ1984 wrote:

Apples own website shows full support for VoLTE and visual voicemail on MetroPCS: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support .

As the iPhone does support those features, the problem is with MetroPCS (not terribly surprising). Given how outdated their website is, I wouldn't expect much from them, though.

Jan 9, 2016 7:48 PM in response to AdamJ1984

Having the same problem man....Upgraded iphone last week to the 6s........everything works fine except visual voicemail.......get a big red circle on voicemail icon. Just got off phone with Metro Cust Ser........the guy really didnt help me...........been to various metro stores locally, nobody knows nothin', lol. Goin to apple store next week, hopefully they can help, i mean i spent a G on it, so ill see, lol....LMK if u find a fix.............

Jan 9, 2016 8:01 PM in response to nyctwo3

Unfortunately I never found a solution, the problem is the 6S won't download the MeteoPCS carrier bundle 23.1, its like Metro doesn't recognize the 6S, so the bundle doesn't get pushed to our devices, so it uses a generic bundle, if you go to settings-about, it shows carrier 23.0, which is a generic bundle, it should say MetroPCS 23.1, the iPhone 6 and prior get this pushed to them, the 6S is out in the cold for some reason. This carrier bundle is what enables visual voicemail and VoLTE. Good luck getting a CS rep that understands. I reported this issue to apple, you should do the same, the apple store wont be able to help.

iPhone MetroPCS Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.