Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone dialer 'keypad screen' shows random contact numbers

iPhone dialer 'keypad screen' shows random contact numbers when opened after exiting the app. And these contacts are probably people whom I haven't contacted in the last few months. I've tried restarting [soft/hard] the phone, to no use.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 1:03 AM

36 replies

Jan 5, 2016 11:15 AM in response to smartkidAPN

Hi smartkidAPN,

If you want to clean up the recent calls on your iPhone, you can tap Recents, tap Edit, and delete individual contacts or tap Clear to remove all contacts from your Recents list.

iPhone User Guide - Make A Call

Return a recent call. Tap Recents, then tap the call. Tap User uploaded file to get more info about the call, or the caller. A red badge indicates the number of missed calls.

You can also reach recent and favorite people you’ve been in contact with from the multitasking screen—just double-click the Home button.

Dial manually. Tap Keypad, enter the number, then tap Call.

Paste a number to the keypad: Tap the screen above the keyboard, then tap Paste.

Happy New Year!

May 3, 2016 8:24 PM in response to judysings

Nope ... Thanks for the reply but it still does not solve my problem.

The random contact comes up in the keypad screen ... I'm unable to take a screenshot as it flashes for a couple of seconds. I've attached a screenshot of my dialer screen and the problematic contact being displayed on the multitasking window insteadUser uploaded file. The last i contacted the phone number displayed was months ago. And since then I've dialed numerous contacts through the keypad screen. But don't know why this contact keeps coming up in the dialer screen 😟

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Jan 10, 2016 7:04 AM in response to smartkidAPN

Hi smartkidAPN,

Thanks for sharing this additional information with us. I personally have not seen this behavior on the iPhone, so at this point, I would suggest you contact one of our technical support advisors who can work with you one-on-one to resolve this issue. Please refer them to this thread so they have a clear understanding of your issue. Click on this link to initiate the support.

Cheers,

iPhone dialer 'keypad screen' shows random contact numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.