Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro control centre swipe problem.

I can't consistently swipe up the control centre with my new (still within 14 days) iPad Pro. This only happens in portrait mode and only above the home button side (if I rotate it 180degrees it works fine, but then the notification centre won't work from the home button side.

After a hard reset it started to work again, only to stop within minutes. Initially I bought it was only stopping working in certain apps (ProCreate and Safari) but now it seems to stop working everywhere.

Has anyone e;she experienced/fixed this? I would assume it was a hardware problem if it weren't for the fact that a reset can fix it for a while.

iPad, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 3:27 AM

34 replies

Mar 3, 2016 8:45 PM in response to mjg2

I also faced the same problem and when i took it to service center they told that its hardware issue and replaced a new one. But unfortunately, the new one also had the same issue and this time the service personnel advised me that this is definitely a software issue as not all devices can have hardware issue. They asked me to wait for an official apple update or fix sometime in late march. I spoke to the apple support iOS senior technical advisor and explained the issue. he asked me to capture video of the issue and send so that apple can look into it and fix. I have mailed the video yesterday and waiting for the reply.

Apr 20, 2016 6:00 PM in response to Daphoid

I submitted a bug report on the 3rd, but seems it hasn't gotten any traction.

Since it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't it leads me to think software... It'd be pretty bad if so many iPads have hardware issue too.

I've seen posts saying that replacing the iPad did and didn't solve the issue, so who knows. I'd suggesting submitting bug reports. The more they see the quicker we may get an answer.

Apr 25, 2016 8:28 PM in response to tHe Rk

You know I'm more convinced it's a software problem. I unlocked my iPad the other day and did my 10 swipe test and it came up all 10 times.

Then today, it broke again.off f

Also, when I swipe to the left to search, I notice the keyboard looks off, like it's pushed down a bit and the space bar is almost missing.

Here's hoping it's just oddness for the new screen res. FIX IT APPLE <3.

- D

iPad Pro control centre swipe problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.