Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Links don't work between Mail and Safari

I have an iPhone 6 with IOS 9.2.1 and from today , when I click over a link on mail the Safari app doesn't open to see the link. If I open Safari directly

and I search for anything on google, when the results come in, I press in any link and don't work too.

I did a copy of iPhone and I reset it with iTunes, then I restore the last backup and the problem remains.

What can I do?

Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:52 PM

25 replies

Feb 15, 2016 10:15 AM in response to pclemares

I'm having same problem in iPad Mini 4 w 64 GB of ram.

Tried suggestions and they don't work. Am using Chrome , Mercury, Dolphin as alternate browsers and. Cloudmagic as alternate for Mail until Safari and Mail hyperlinking is fixed. Since hyperlinking also affects Calendar, have as standby Fantastical.

This is the worse update I've seen from Apple since i bought my first iPad!

Feb 15, 2016 10:27 AM in response to pclemares

I have had the same problem for the last three weeks. I have restored the iphone to factory settings, I have been to the shop, they have also restored the iphone to factory settings, as new iphone too and still not working. I had to get back to the shop again and they changed the device for a new one; it has worked for one day and then back to the same problem. Unbelievable!!!!! I have wasted so much time already....and they haven´t sort out my problem yet. Also some apps don´t work either if they have links connected....My phone is an iphone 6s.

Feb 19, 2016 9:15 AM in response to pclemares

I have this problem too. Whenever I press on a link in an email or even an app such as Flightradar 24 everything freezes on my iPhone 6s with IOS 9.2.1 and I have to exit my mail or app completely. I have cleared caches in Safari and turned off suggested sites, but the problem continues. Before the IOS 9.2.1 update everything worked fine. This is all very frustrating and it even happens when using Google Chrome. In my opinion, this is a software issue that Apple needs to fix urgently. My wife uses an iPad Mini 2 with IOS 9.2.1 and strangely this device does not experience this problem. My iPhone 6s was obtained 2 months ago from my mobile phone provider. Has anyone got a solution to this problem please? It seems that resetting the device does not work and I am loathe to do this because of the hassle involved.

Feb 19, 2016 9:40 AM in response to PJCALC

I'm having same problem in iPad Mini 4.

Tried suggestions and they don't work. It's a serious problem w the hyperlinking in iOS 9.2.1

While Apple updates, i suggest you use another email client to check your mail, i use CloudMagic which doesn't automatically copy msgs to myself.

I also substituted in the bottom line Safari by both Crome and Mercury. The mail hyperlinks take me ok to Chrome. The internal hyperlinks in Chrome must be opened by long pressing the link and choosing "New tab". I complement w Mercury when I don't want images in slower networks (Settings >> Advanced >> Supress images).

This is still the worse update I've seen from Apple since i bought my first iPad! And Apple are apparently absent from all this!!

Mar 22, 2016 10:00 AM in response to pclemares

I recently had a hardware issue and had to swap phones at the Genius Bar. So it has been about a week, and I'm experiencing problems now. Hyperlinks within Safari do not work. Hyperlinks within email do not work. Both cause the window to freeze. I can use Chrome just fine. Hyperlinks within the gmail app work just fine.

I also tried going into my Settings and iCloud. I looked up my iCloud for devices, and I had to delete the old handset that was returned to the Apple engineering team. But that did not fix the problem.

I have just updated to ios 9.3. Did not help.

Mar 23, 2016 4:48 AM in response to pclemares

After trying everything, the only solution that works is backing everything up in iCloud, and start over as a "New iPhone".

In my case, I had over a year of health data that would have been gone if I hadn't found this free tool Decipher Activity Transfer tool

Basically allows you to start with a fresh install ( so the links will work as they should ) but with all your health data transferred.

If is this your case you can follow these instructions, http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/09/26/how-to-only-transfer-activity-and-health -app-data-to-a-new-iphone/ which are quite easy to follow.

Yes, you'll have to redownload all apps again, and set up all your notifications, ringtones and so on. But it won't take you more than an afternoon to set it up again.

Hope this helps.

Mar 23, 2016 5:30 AM in response to jrocacortes

Same here, I tried everything! yesterday upgraded to 9.3 but the problem persists. Tried again fresh install and links worked but restoring back up fails again....!!

Apple, did you find the bug or pattern!!??

I will try jrocacortes' soft to transfer health data, and starting as a new one....

thanks!!

Carlos

Iphone 6s Plus 64GB.

Links don't work between Mail and Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.