Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6s battery dies at 40%

my battery frequently dies at 40% but am unsure why?

iPhone 6s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 12:10 PM

52 replies

Jan 6, 2017 3:02 PM in response to brookewilliams

i have the same problem wth my i phone 6s and i took it to a vodafone store.they checked it and told me that i was right and that they would send it to apples service. they returned it to me, two weeks after, writting that it was not among the serial numbers that the company says to change battery, so they just made an upgrade.and the problem still exists! it turned off twice in one week with 45% of battery ! what should i do ??

Jan 18, 2017 5:50 AM in response to hwmarshall

I have been having the same issue since updating my phone. It has been crashing at higher and higher percentage levels over the last couple weeks. Today it turned off at 89% while I was refreshing my podcasts. It is increasingly frustrating that there is no suggested help or support or update from Apple to fix this problem. It is clearly a software issue.

Mar 16, 2016 3:07 AM in response to brookewilliams

I've had the same issue the last three months and i took mine into a apple service center where I live last week and are waiting for them to either swap the unit or the battery. The technician told me that he had seen a numerous of users reporting the same issue related to the N71AP model.

I'm hoping for a replacement unit and hopefully it will resolve my issue.

May 12, 2016 10:10 PM in response to brookewilliams

I have this problem too. It's happened 5 or 6 times, including three times this week. Each time the battery was indicating around 40–50% left.

It's very frustrating.

I went through the same thing with my old 5 which had its battery replaced under a global replacement program.

Given my 6s is less than a year old I'm thinking a replacement handset might be the go if this poor performance keeps happening.

Jul 18, 2016 2:57 PM in response to brookewilliams

Ive been having this same problem for the last couple weeks. When my phone gets around 40% it'll just shut off and I'll try to turn it back on and the charge sign comes on. I'll got and plug it in and than it will come back on. Its starting to rally bug me now, I am gonna try to do the current update and see what happens. I've only had the phone for 7 months and its a 6S.

Nov 7, 2016 9:11 AM in response to brookewilliams

After installing the 10.2.2 update Friday I started having this problem as well. Since Friday mt phone shuts down at the 40% (+/- 2%) consistently. I was out in a rather remote area and because of this issue did not have my iPhone to rely on in the case of any kind of emergency. Clearly the problem is the SW, not the battery.

my iphone 6s battery dies at 40%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.