Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Apps sign me out frequently

Hi all,

I have the latest and greatest Apple TV and love it, so far, but one thing keeps happening which I find frustrating!

I use cable subscription based apps like USA Networks, CNN and FX. Of these apps, that require I sign in using my Directv account...they seem to sign me out after a week or so, forcing me to go through the whole authorization process. This seems to happen consistently. I don't have this problem with my Roku box. Does anyone else run into this?

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 6:40 PM

5 replies

May 13, 2016 8:04 AM in response to Syrcle

I realize this response is a couple months later, but we also have this exact same problem! I'm not sure if its a feature to keep people from just signing in with a friends account? Or someone that drops DirecTV and tries to continue being signed in?

Either way, its way too short of a period between having to login! A month, would be tolerable, but yes, it seems to be about every week we have to sign back into apps with our DirecTV login info, ridiculous!

May 18, 2016 1:38 PM in response to Syrcle

I'm having the same issue with my ATV4 and DirecTV. Is this a provider thing? Would switching to say Time Warner fix something like this?

There are multiple posts on this issue as well:

Activating apps over and over

Constant re-entering passwords for Media Apps!

why do apple tv apps expire under frontier communications

Might be a DirecTV issue and not an AppleTV issue. HBO says that some providers require periodic re-authentication:

https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204179458-I-am-prompted-to-reactivate-m y-Apple-TV-frequently-How-can-I-keep-it-…

TV Apps sign me out frequently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.