Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3G is not working after upgrade to iOS 9.3

i upgraded ipad 2 model A1396 to new iOS version 9.3, the upgrade was successfull and all apps works fine except

for the 3G Cellular connection which stopped working, it only showing "No Service" beside the WiFi icon, before the upgrade

it shows the strenght of signal and the Provider's name, as of now, my internet connection is only WiFi. Any idea about this? Need

you help from guys, Please!

iPad 2, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 1:54 PM

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

Then restart your iPad and see if you have 3G.

If that didn't help, tap Settings > General > Reset > Network Settings

Then restart you iPad one more time.

80 replies

Mar 29, 2016 10:57 PM in response to StanTBK

I tried removing the SIM and re-inserting, and yes the 3G service was restored for my iPad 2 after re-start.

However after a second re-start, sure enough, the "No Service" message returned. A quick pop-out and back-in of the SIM got things going again, but it sure is frustrating! And yes, I rarely "hard" re-start the iPad, so I guess I'm going for a while at least until Apple get the 9.3.1 / 9.3.2 out that fixes this little mess.

Mar 30, 2016 12:38 AM in response to neylax

I Have this same problem on iPad 2 since the 9.3 update. I haven't found a solution but I have found a way to get the cellular network back. But if you power off and then power on you will find it gone again and you have to redo the following work around.

1. power off and remove SIM card. Then power back on and it will ask for SIM card. insert sim and it should find the network. This is simple but if you have a case it is a nuisance to keep pulling it apart.

second workaround.

1 Go to settings and turn cellular (mobile) data OFF.

2 Turn Aeroplane mode ON.

3 Power off iPad.

4 Wait about a minute. (Not sure if this is absolutely necessary)

5 Power iPad on.

6 Turn Aeroplane mode OFF

7 turn Cellular Data on.

you should then see a cellular provider box pop up under the Cellular Data box and the it should search and find your network.

this works on the iPad 2 and hopefully other iPads.

I Noticed heavy battery drain under 9.3 and when I ran my iPad in the No Service condition, battery usage improved dramatically.

good luck.

Mar 30, 2016 6:17 AM in response to neylax

I updated my iPad 2 to IOS 9.3 last evening and immediatly noticed I lost 3G. No Service replaced 3G at the top left screen. Based upon a suggestion I read in this forum, I pulled my AT&T SIM card while the iPad was on, dropped it on the floor and found it a couple of minutes later. I re-inserted and immediatly the radio went into "Searching" mode. It found the network in about 15 seconds and so far all is good. I'm not sure if dropping the SIM card on the floor is essential, but it did make me wait a couple of minutes before re-installing.

This worked for me!

Mar 30, 2016 7:06 AM in response to Mikec1951

I was puzzled with the issue after the 9.3 update. Even contacted my mobile internet provider.They are not aware of 9.3 issues what so ever.

The first work about from Mikec1951 definitely works. Finally,something worked for me. Thank you, mate. It was driving me crazy for a few days.

I haven't tried the second one but regrettably noticed that every next "Power off" will bring the "No Service" sign back with no further radio signal.

After a few attempts to restore signal I realised that it's a system code bug that should be fixed by Apple ASAP.

I believe there is no stable work around that may last long enough in order to forget about it.

Strange bug, by the way. Never seen anything like this before on Apple products, old or new. Makes my good old iPad 2 useless after 9.3 update.

Common Apple! We still rely on you and your system and software engineers with our old iPhones and iPads.

Mar 30, 2016 8:48 AM in response to neylax

Add me to the club of iPad 2 users that noticed "No Service" after updating iOS and powering down.

I have no problem accepting that my device is no longer under warranty. I would have no problem accepting that it is "no longer supported".

BUT DAMMIT APPLE!!! WHO DECIDES IT'S OK TO PUSH UPDATES ON YOUR EARLIER ADOPTERS WHICH THEN CRIPPLE THE DEVICES!!!

I am so disheartened/disappointed/angry about this continued practice that I have resisted investing in any new tablet from Apple and I'm seriously considering moving over to Android for my next tablet.

3G is not working after upgrade to iOS 9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.