Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.3.1 bluetooth problems?

I have just updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.3.1, my Garmin Fenix 3 now won't connect and similar issues in my car and bluetooth speakers. I have reset network settings with no luck. I have done a soft reset on the phone and 'forgot devices' and attempted to re-pair once again with no luck. The devices are now not showing up as visible on the device.

Is anyone else experiencing bluetooth issues with iOS 9.3.1

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1, Three UK

Posted on Apr 2, 2016 4:05 AM

35 replies

Apr 3, 2016 3:54 AM in response to Bart Taylor

To get mine to work I restored my phone through my Mac. Choose the option on the watch to "pair with mobile device" then opened Garmin Connect and a code popped up allowing me to pair it properly. The problem is as you may be aware Garmin Connect is now down, this might have been part of the issues from yesterday I was experiencing. Ill keep you updated I've got my eye on their Twitter page

Apr 3, 2016 11:15 AM in response to leigh3387

Thanks for the reply. I did not see that Garmin's servers were down at the time I replied. I had updated both phones last night only to find the Garmin app was stuck in a loop this morning when I tried to sync. Since the iOS update was the last change made, I wrongly assumed the update was to blame. It looks like Garmin has at least update the response the server gives to the app because it no longer gets stuck in a loop, displays a "servers are down for maintenance" message and the app is able to load my previous data again.

Apr 3, 2016 11:15 AM in response to Lfachaux

LfachauxApr 2, 2016 7:57 PM
in response to leigh3387

Same Issue with an Iphone 6 under 9.3.1 and my mybook pro (10.11.3)

Before the upgrade everything was ok

Now... :-(

You do realize that an iphone and mac cannot be linked via bluetooth for data transfer correct?

Theyve never been able to.

Thats what airdrop is for.

The only supported bluetooth connection that is supported is to use cellular data for internet connectivity on the computer.

OS X Yosemite: Connect to the Internet with a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone

Apr 3, 2016 12:17 PM in response to bryan.vance

Thank you for your feedback Bryan

I was aware about the data transfert, I used only my BT connection for an internet connection from my Mac :-)

On my Ipad I used the BT connection to define my Iphone as remote for Keynote.

After 1h with the Apple support, that was very good, the technician who has taken the control on my Mac was not able to find the issue (iphone : full restaure ...).

Now my last status is : My iphone 6 can only detect my bluetooth speakers (BT4) and nothing else ( My headphone : BT3, still nok, Link ?) .

The technician asked me to bring my Iphone to an Apple Store (according to him, I have an hardware issue raised by the update :-( )

Regards

Apr 4, 2016 5:51 AM in response to leigh3387

I'm having the same issue of Bluetooth connectivity since updating. My iPhone 6S has dropped BT connection with my Apple Watch several times this past weekend. I noticed the red rectangle with a slash thru it on my Apple Watch. I reset both and had to manually go into settings to reconnect them. It seems that once I select "unlock with iPhone" in my Apple Watch settings, it should not forget this even after updating but this isn't the first time Ive had to change this setting back. But even after that, my watch and phone disconnected. I also noticed it did not auto connect with my hands free link to my car this morning and hand to manually reconnect them.

Everything is working now but these were just some out of the ordinary issues that on the whole are minor but if they continue, could be more than an annoyance.

iOS 9.3.1 bluetooth problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.