Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 screen freezes frequently

I have iphone 6 running iOS version 9.3.1

Phone screen is freezing frequently. I can see the screen but touch does not work. If I lock the phone by pressing Power button, after that it works for few minutes. But every now & then it freezes. It happens with all applications even on Home screen. Not sure what causing this.

Appreciate if anyone can help !

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2016 3:56 AM

41 replies

Dec 12, 2017 6:13 PM in response to thunderzzz

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

were those methods like restart iphone by using "power" button? I've tried this method before, but it didn't work. And also I restored my device into factory setting, but my iphone still keep freeze sometimes.

Jan 22, 2017 10:25 PM in response to Tauhid

I am having same problem everyone has described on this post. iPhone 6 Plus with 10.2. Did a factory restore at Apple's suggestion to see whether it was a software issue. Solved it for awhile, but now it's back. Yep, frustrating; can't even power phone off (with the on-screen slider) because screen is frozen. So I agree, must be a hardware issue. I'll try that light-upper-left-side-pressure thing suggested & see whether that works.

Jan 28, 2017 4:58 AM in response to Tauhid

I my phone has had this issue for months, I have read most forums. I have

Full restore / Reset from iTunes x2

Always turn off to get it back to life

The problem always returns.

Apple are not addressing this issue, they probably can't fix it as all forums point out it's a OS issue so only apple can fix it.

I think this will move people away from iPhones as they are not fixing it.

May 7, 2017 9:14 AM in response to IrishNC

Mine froze while reading this post. Pressure didn't work. Sleep button and reopening the app is the only thing working for me. This has made the phone I love into something I want to trade on another brand.

It has taken me 10 min to write this post because it keeps freezing. I also just missed a call because the screen froze.

Apple where are you!

Sage

May 28, 2017 10:46 AM in response to thunderzzz

I've done EVERY solution recommended, hard reset, back-up and restore, removed screen protector, cleaned the screen, factory reset. NOTHING WORKS! I was very hopeful that the newest update would address this SPECIFIC problem, because it is a real problem,'but no such luck. Apple, if your are listening, please address this now before users start abandoning the ship.

Oct 24, 2017 4:41 AM in response to joelfromlambaré

Same here. Apple forces me to update as there is no ‘no thanks’ button - just a ‘later’ button and you still get the message ‘do you agree with the terms for your new software? - it’s annoying really)

After my unwanted update the phone started to really suck. Could’t even use the phone app anymore.

After calling the service desk three times bad connection) i had to restore from itunes. They said ‘but you’ll get everything back through your backup in itunes’ but that wasn’t true. I list lots of passwords and smart wirkflow things.

It worked however - for a few days. Now again sometimes i can’t use the phone app, apps freeze, can’t use the ‘back’ button on instagram and so on. I wished there was something like apple before i—tunes, i’d be gone right away.

Dec 9, 2017 12:38 AM in response to topdog25

I bought iPhone 5S in 2016. After a month the screen started freezing. Reset didnot help. Took the phone to service centre who after testing for a week, told me they will replace the phone. Was happy for a month but again same screen freezing started. Now phone is out of warranty and I donot know what to do next? It’s frustrating as the screen freezes too often now. Can you suggest a solution to this.

Dec 11, 2017 2:24 PM in response to VK07

I just traded in my iPhone 6 (no s or Plus) and the phone was freezing all the time. It didn't start until a few months ago so I will not be much help to you. However, if you took it in for the freezing problem and it continued or returned when the Warranty ran out I would still take it to Apple because you registered the problem when it was under Warranty. I think they will deal with it. When I told them it was freezing they knew I was there for a new phone so they didn't comment. I would be interested to know if this is a wider problem. Good Luck!

Dec 23, 2017 10:23 AM in response to two for tea

I have same problem. Incredibly frustrsting! Intermittently (most of the time) cannot snswer calls, show boarding pass, stranded in airport, etc. Android users giggling at me!! Sometimes twisting and torquing the phone will alter the wierd flickering and allow phone to work for a little while Hard reboot not reliable to restore screen funct

Jan 6, 2018 8:37 AM in response to Victor_10

Interesting! I was told the exact same thing that it was a problem with an app and I have many. Although I knew that they are just trying to point fingers and not take responsibility that the issue is a software or hardware issue and that Apple should be held responsible for these issues, I went ahead and reset my iphone as new. I have been using it as new user and did not download any apps. I am still having the same issue and problem. Ugh! Now, I am on the phone with apple support. I have never been so frustrated. I am truly an Apple FAN, but this is making me consider Android phones. Seriously!

Apr 13, 2016 3:56 AM in response to Tauhid

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

iphone 6 screen freezes frequently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.