Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crossfade not working in iTunes 12.4

I'm using OSX El Capitan 10.11.1. iTunes automatically upgraded to 12.4. I played music on a playlist with crossfade activated, but none of the songs crossfaded. I'm aware crossfade doesn't work whenever songs are played in any sequence from the same artist and album, but my playlist was not organized as such, so it should have worked. I tried turning the feature off and on, and quitting iTunes and restarting, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Posted on May 17, 2016 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2016 10:48 AM

Although I don't typically use this feature, you seem to be correct. Can get it to work either... You can report the problem here

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ (under OS X Apps - iTunes)

68 replies

May 20, 2016 1:01 AM in response to Matt Cornelius

This has driven me from iTunes for hacking together mix playlists, but I'm relieved it doesn't seem to be one of those weird things that only happens to highly specific configurations and set-ups and thus will never get fixed. If crossfade doesn't work, do as serjim suggests elsewhere in this thread and:

• Select "iTunes" from the top menu

• Select "Provide iTunes Feedback"
  • Report the problem

If enough of us do this, they will fix it quickly, I hope

Crossfade not working in iTunes 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.