Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music deleted all my songs :(

I Have an iPhone 6 and just tried to listen to music on the Apple Music app and realized all my music was gone! COMPLETely GONE!!! its just two playlist I had but they are EMPTY. Please how can I restore my music. I stopped using Spotify because I trusted Apple. I had offline somgs and they are gone too. I'm thinking to stop paying for this and going back to Spotify. If anyone can help me????

C

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2, Apple Music

Posted on Jun 7, 2016 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2017 9:38 AM

Just found out that Apple also deleted all of the music stored on my phone. I no longer used icloud because they deleted ALL OF MY STUFF on it, too (ask me how that happened!) After being a lifelong Apple devotee, I'm so angry I can barely stand it. NEVER again will I buy another apple product. I hope people start to realize how they're getting ripped off and the company tanks.

Let's see if this makes it onto the comment board.

30 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2017 9:38 AM in response to stuckboss

Just found out that Apple also deleted all of the music stored on my phone. I no longer used icloud because they deleted ALL OF MY STUFF on it, too (ask me how that happened!) After being a lifelong Apple devotee, I'm so angry I can barely stand it. NEVER again will I buy another apple product. I hope people start to realize how they're getting ripped off and the company tanks.

Let's see if this makes it onto the comment board.

Jun 8, 2016 2:36 PM in response to Cesarion

Hello Cesarion,

I know how important getting your music back on your iPhone is to you!

I would start with making sure both Apple Music and iCloud Music Library are turned on in Settings > Music, as both of those are needed to see all your music, not just Apple Music. Here is more info about how Apple Music and iCloud Music Library work.

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities.

Apr 2, 2017 11:11 AM in response to Cesarion

Just happened to me again. Replaced with the 3 free month subscription to Apple Music offer AGAIN!! Even though I had it turned off. At this point it really can't be "accidental". Every time I end up losing some songs. Ironically, the songs I lose most are those purchased from iTunes!!!! Really this is ridiculous. If people own music Apple, you have no right under any circumstances to delete it without very overt permission. I don't want your subscription, stop trying to force me to use it.

Jul 6, 2017 6:38 PM in response to Cesarion

I Have an iPhone 6 and just tried to listen to music on the Apple Music app and realized all my music was gone! COMPLETely GONE!!! its just two playlist I had but they are EMPTY. Please how can I restore my music. I stopped using Spotify because I trusted Apple. I had offline somgs and they are gone too. I'm thinking to stop paying for this and going back to Spotify. If anyone can help me????

May 23, 2017 12:45 PM in response to stuckboss

Hi Cessarion... or anyone with an answer. I have a similar issue.

I have an extensive music library, with many playlists built over the years - been ripping my own CDs since before first version of iTunes. I listen to a wide range of music, and much of it is NOT available on Apple Music, especially recordings of friend's music, etc. I've created many playlists on my Mac, and sync my music through playlists (manual and "smart") to my iOS devices.

Issue #1: I subscribed to Apple Music in iOS 8 or 9 (before iCloud Music Library) and had the ability to download songs or albums to my device. Loading files to my iOS devices or to my Mac now requires iCloud Music Library. So i turned it on on my iPhone, which led to...

Issue #2: It appears that whatever tracks on my phone that are not available on Apple Music were erased from my phone. I was in shock: empty playlists!! I then made matters worse by connecting my phone to my Mac, thinking they would be restored. On the contrary, the playlists were then emptied on my Mac!! So much of my hard work of the years, gone!!

So, can someone please confirm that my logic is correct: turning on iCloud Music Library will remove tracks that are not avail on Apple Music (#2), and that there is no way to download (keep) a song/album for offline listening without enabling iCloud Music (#1)? Anyone know of a workaround for either issue?

Thank you!

D

Dec 30, 2017 8:44 PM in response to stuckboss

Hi Stuckboss,

I'm not sure the full picture is understood. Turning on iCloud music library proceeds to delete tracks on your device if they were not purchased through Apple. I think the intent is to give "the best quality" tracks from what IS avail on Apple Music, and "conveniently" keep it in the cloud. However, there is much that is not available on iTunes. Personally, I have been ripping my extensive CD collection for many years, and have many albums recorded by friends and local bands, as well as many audio classes.

In turning on iCloud Lib, it deletes many of these tracks. Period. No warning, no nothing.

Separately, I pay monthly for Apple Music. In previous incarnations of Apple Music (iOS 9 era), iCloud Lib was not required to save songs locally. It was more like Spotify. Nice to stream and discover new music. However, if I want to download a song or album or playlist to my device – call me crazy, but continually streaming over limited data adds up $$$ – I must enable iCloud Lib. This is actually how I discovered the deleting issue.

So, given the current situation, I must choose to use more data to stream, or lose my local library if I want to save.

Not really a fair choice.

Please see my earlier post for other details Re: Apple Music deleted all my songs User uploaded file

Apr 19, 2017 7:33 PM in response to stuckboss

So I went to update my iPhone 6s with my itunes and it deleted all of my Apple Music songs. I used to have approximately 3,800 songs and now I have only 1,757. I did the process other forums on your site requested us to do but yet I still have the same issue. It said that it could download my library. I am furious. I PAY for Apple Music, I need to know why this issue happens and how can I get my lost 2,000 songs back. I need them. My songs help me so much and it ***** to have almost all of them gone, recent and old songs.

Jul 7, 2017 12:24 AM in response to Cesarion

I, too, am absolutely furious with Apple. I am an OAP, quite computer literate and trust Apple completely so I went for a free 3 month trial for Apple Music and 'downloaded' all sorts of tracks. However I hadn't quite grasped the difference between downloading and streaming. Alive I know. I already had my own library of over 1,000 tracks copied from my own selection of CD's. I finished my trial and cancelled the contract. I was then horrified to see that I only had 90 tracks remaining on all my apple devices. I contacted Apple and they said they would help me but I should have backed up all my music before using Apple Music. I don't remember seeing that. She appeared to really try and help me and I asked for a further free trial so that I could get all my own music back. This was refused even though she said the music would stay there for 90 days. I decided to pay for another both and was very pleased to see all my music had returned. I then spoke to a techy friend who took me through all sorts of steps and I realised that even though my own music had been returned it was encrypted so if I ever stopped paying for Apple Music it would disappear again.

i do have all the CDs so could copy them all again but that isn't the point.

I AM SO CROSS AND FRUSTRATED

Aug 31, 2017 11:35 AM in response to Cesarion

Dude, me too! Im freaking ******! I have like 1,500 songs in my library and they all just randomly dissapeared. Even my "downloaded songs." Ive reset my phone, turned iCloud music library on and off, deleted and redownloaded the application, and theyre still f******g gone!!! And i pay for this stuff every month! what the h. im definitley switching back to spotify. apple music *****

Dec 30, 2017 2:28 PM in response to Cesarion

I don’t know if this can help you, but i had the same problem as some of my music just disappeared but some of them were still in my iphone. I went to the itunes store to an album that i bought and that some of the songs from there were disappeared and i clicked on those ones and ii had the message of the explicit language that was turn on and so turning in off made the songs appeared in the music app.

Hope this help and sorry for my english!

Jun 8, 2016 7:20 PM in response to stuckboss

Hey stuckboss,

THank you for your response. I did what you said and apparently it was going to work because when I entered Apple music app earlier today it said "Loading your music library" but didn't do nothing and after 5 minutes it said "It has not been possible to load your library, please go to settings and turn on iCloud Music Library"....I did it like 5 times and never worked, so I didn't try it anymore. BUT!!!!!!! While I was replying to your answer I decided to look one more time and IT WORKED!!!!!!!! All my songs, playlist and offline music is there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jajajajajajajaja I'm complete again! Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Un abrazo!!

C

Apple Music deleted all my songs :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.