Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone on iOS 10 keeps asking for Hotmail password

Hello,

I've been having this issue since upgrading to iOS 10 from iOS 9. I have 3 hotmail accounts on the iphone, once I enter the password it will work correctly for a while (usually one day) and then ask for the passwords again with a message stating an error occured and iOS needs the hotmail permission again.

I noticed this often occurs when I wake up in the morning and I haven't used iPhone for a few hours. This issue never occured on iOS 9. I recently upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 and the issue still occurs.

Is this an iOS 10 bug? I've also tried deleting all my accounts and adding them again with no luck. My accounts do not use a two-step verification.

I'm currently using iOS 10.0.2 on iPhone 7

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2016 6:27 PM

26 replies

Apr 22, 2017 2:49 AM in response to Alfy1090

Ok people what happened to me was that I was having a problem with 1 website I was browsing in Safari so after much thinking, I decided I should clear my history and data and the website started to appear correctly again. Days later my hotmail account began logging me out asking me now to put my username. The password was saved but username was always a problem. Many days I spent searching until I tried this. On the Outlook page where it was asking me to sign in, there is a small link to click that says 'What's this' or something . Click it then there is an explanation blah blah blah but in that first paragraph there is another link that says learn more. Click there and it will take you to another signing In window similar to the first but this one has a 'remember me' box. Tick it and that was what I was looking for.

Not sure why it wasn't in the first window where I had to sign... I hope this helps.

iPhone on iOS 10 keeps asking for Hotmail password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.