Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone keeps asking for hotmail password (iOS 10)

Hello,

I've been having this issue since upgrading to iOS 10 from iOS 9. I have 3 hotmail accounts on the iphone, once I enter the password it will work correctly for a while (usually one day) and then ask for the passwords again with a message stating an error occured and iOS needs the hotmail permission again.

I noticed this often occurs when I wake up in the morning and I haven't used iPhone for a few hours. This issue never occured on iOS 9. I recently upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 and the issue still occurs.

Is this an iOS 10 bug? I've also tried deleting all my accounts and adding them again with no luck. My accounts do not use a two-step verification.

I'm currently using iOS 10.0.2 on iPhone 7

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Try deleting your Hotmail account from your iPhone and reinstalling it selecting Exchange rather than Outlook.com as your account type. This fixed it for me on both a live.co.uk and an outlook.com account.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Oct 5, 2016 5:19 AM in response to Alfy1090 In response to Alfy1090

I've tried changing the mail download setting from push to download every 15 minutes and the issue seems to have gone so far, although only two days have passed so I'm not 100% sure it will not appear again.

So it seems that iOS 10 has problems with push + hotmail at this point.

Oct 5, 2016 5:19 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Oct 6, 2016 1:54 AM in response to Alfy1090 In response to Alfy1090

I also have exact same issue with my 4 Hotmail accounts. Worked fine for years until i updated to IOS10, so obviously an issue with the new IOS and not Hotmail.

Keep signing in and it works for a few days and then have to sign in again.

Apple sort it out!

Oct 6, 2016 1:54 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Oct 11, 2016 9:37 PM in response to Alfy1090 In response to Alfy1090

i'm so glad to see that not alone with this problem. since i have updated to ios 10, this problem appeared and i tried to install ios 10 with DFU mode but nothing is changed, still have this problem. i hope to see that fixing this problem as soon as possible

Oct 11, 2016 9:37 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 12, 2016 11:30 AM in response to gdgmacguy In response to gdgmacguy

That answer might of held water except that myself and over a half a dozen family members who are long time Hotmail \ Microsoft Live Users were not having any issues prior to upgrading to iOS 10.x.x, simple logic dictates that the trouble is an iOS trouble and not a Hotmail \ Microsoft Live trouble.

Oct 12, 2016 11:30 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Alfy1090

Question: iPhone keeps asking for hotmail password (iOS 10)