Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.5.2.36 crashes constantly

Allo,

Today I updated iTunes and that's when the problems started. For some reason or the other, I cannot seem to access my iCloud Music Library and if I elect to play a song I already have downloaded, the song will play for a bit before the entire program goes down.

Also, I cannot load any music from the "For You" section of iTunes as it keeps asking me to "Select a Plan" on top of asking for my iTunes password constantly. If I do manage to get the program to accept the password, then all I receive is the following:

https://i.imgsafe.org/53877319b3.png

Now I have no way to access my Apple Music service and anything I try still causes crashes. So far I have downgraded to iTunes 12.5.1 but the same problem occurs, and even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, it still starts from the "For You" page which causes the problem. Anyone have the foggiest idea how to rectify this?

I'm on a Windows 10 All-in-One desktop if that matters.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1, Jet Black 256 GB

Posted on Oct 29, 2016 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2016 11:23 PM

same here. every time i try to "add to icloud library" itunes crashes

25 replies

Oct 31, 2016 11:16 AM in response to pierrefrommontrouge

Hi -

maybe rolling back will work, but that's not a really good idea because the iTunes update fixed some important security issues in WebKit which allows attackers to inject malware code - the CERT in Germany today urges any user to update immediatly.

My windows event manager noticed an application crash in iTunesCore.dll, not in webkit.dll. Certainly there is a bug in the new version, there are some other threads which describe the same problem.

But for me the (temporary...) solution was to start iTunes in the secure mode (ctrl+shift when you launch the program) - I successfully could backup my iPad and iPhone and music playback is working.

Oct 31, 2016 11:32 AM in response to DeLaaNie

Have the very same issue, and also will not let me roll back to a previous version unless I delete the old version. If I do this I will loose all my current stuff and have to start all over again.

Not sure why I would have to to this anyway, surely Apple should release updates that work. Now paying for itunes match that I cant add new stuff to.

iTunes 12.5.2.36 crashes constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.