Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus: Callers can't hear me

Anytime I'm on the phone I can hear the other person fine but they can't hear me. They can only hear me when I have them on speaker phone. My phone is brand new, just got it about 2 weeks ago. I've tried everything to fix it (hard reset, volume controls, etc) and nothing helps. I've tried it in different areas using wifi and using my Verizon LTE network. Same thing. They say my phone sounds like scratching static unless I put them on speaker phone, then it stops. What's going on? :(

Posted on Dec 30, 2016 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2017 10:56 AM

I had same problem upgraded to IPhone 7 on May 11, 2017 had the phone for exactly a week and same thing I can hear fine nobody can hear me. Went back to Verizon and they would only give me the same phone or charge me a restocking fee. I took the case off / started and restarted / used speaker bo

84 replies

Jun 6, 2017 10:01 AM in response to Nsj3

I am having the same problem with my brand new iPhone 7 plus. People tell me they cannot hear me or that I sound like I am talking from a metal barrel. A friend of my called me from her new iPhone 7 plus the other day and I got to hear what all of my callers were experiencing. She also sounded like she was calling from inside of a metal barrel and her voice kept comming and going . So what is it with these new iPhones that they did not tell us about??

Jun 6, 2017 10:06 AM in response to glorab69

Do you have a case on the phone? You can take a look at the troubleshooting steps in this support document. Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

I have an iPhone 7 and have not experienced issues such as this. Sometimes a bad cellular connection can cause issues such as this. To test that, make a call from a different location that would connect to a different cellular tower.

Jul 12, 2017 6:44 AM in response to Nsj3

Hi I got my iPhone 7 around 4 months back and it's two days I have the same problem.

I realized this I problem is only exist on phone calls and FaceTime. I can make call with WhatsApp and the phone works perfectly.

I checked microphone and if worked.

I guess this might be an IOS issue.

But I canna find any accurate answer or hint on apple website.

Jun 14, 2017 7:42 AM in response to Sariqua72

Sariqua72 wrote:

I have the same issue, brand new phone. Please apple provide a resolution. There is clearly something defective with the phone. This is a widespread issue.

You are not addressing Apple here, so asking them to provide a resolution is falling on deaf ears. You need to contact Apple Support for assistance. If the phone is less than 14 days old and purchased at an Apple Store, you can return it for a full refund. If after that point, you can see about warranty work. If you purchased it at another location, the return policy is dependent on the location.

Jun 14, 2017 10:58 AM in response to ElAvitivan

ElAvitivan wrote:

Apple really does need to chime in here and offer up what they know about this wide spread issue.

Apple? Someone?

Did you read any of this thread at all? If so, you would have seen that Apple does not participate here,, so the are not going to "chime in here", or "offer up" anything.

If you wish to speak to Apple so you can hear them say something about the issue, then contact Apple Support. You get 90 days of free telephone service with the purchase of the phone.

iPhone 7 Plus: Callers can't hear me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.