Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages #images says "Could not load results."

Since the upgrade to iOS 10.2, #images shows the message "Could not load results." everytime I attempt to use it. Up to the point where I upgraded, I was able to see and use the images and gifs here. I live in the U.S., and everything is turned on in the Appstore to allow this. What's missing?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2017 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2017 2:49 PM

Hi blaframb,

I understand that since updating your iPhone, you've been unable to use the #images in the iMessage app. I know it's nice to be able to share gifs with friends, so I'm happy to help.

Try turning off #images and then restarting your iPhone before turning it on again:

Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Manually add or remove apps that you download

If you turn on Automatically Add Apps in the Manage tab, your iMessage apps automatically go to your app drawer when you download them. If you turn off Automatically Add Apps, you can manually add apps to your app drawer. You can also manually remove them. Here’s how:

1. Open the app drawer and tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap the Manage tab.
  3. Turn on the app to add it to your app drawer. Turn it off to remove it.
User uploaded file

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
87 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2017 2:49 PM in response to blaframb

Hi blaframb,

I understand that since updating your iPhone, you've been unable to use the #images in the iMessage app. I know it's nice to be able to share gifs with friends, so I'm happy to help.

Try turning off #images and then restarting your iPhone before turning it on again:

Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Manually add or remove apps that you download

If you turn on Automatically Add Apps in the Manage tab, your iMessage apps automatically go to your app drawer when you download them. If you turn off Automatically Add Apps, you can manually add apps to your app drawer. You can also manually remove them. Here’s how:

1. Open the app drawer and tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap the Manage tab.
  3. Turn on the app to add it to your app drawer. Turn it off to remove it.
User uploaded file

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Jan 20, 2017 1:54 PM in response to blaframb

blaframb,

Thanks for going through those steps and following up with us. At this point, we'd recommend reinstalling iOS on your iPhone.

While this process is not necessarily destructive, we would still suggest creating a backup of your iPhone before starting:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

After it's backed up, you can use the steps in the following article to reinstall iOS. Make sure to pay attention to step 4 and choose Upgrade instead of Restore when prompted:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on - Apple Support
  1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  3. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

Cheers!

May 29, 2017 12:59 PM in response to blaframb

I just spent almost an hour with a nice lady from Apple Support.
I had done searches to attempt to find the solution myself first.

I removed #images from the store feature in iMessage
I turned off 3D Touch in Settings>General>Accessibility

I ensured the Reduce Motion was turned off in Settings>General>Accessibility

I rebooted the phone numerous times.

Once I contacted Support, we went through all these things again.
Her last suggestion was to back up and restore the phone.

Now that I see others have the same issue, I'm going to wait on that.
My husband and a coworker have the same issue so I don't think it's my phone.

If I see someone on here has had success I'll try it.

Usually I can figure things out but it's frustrating when I can't, especially with the experts on the line trying to help.

I just bought my iPhone 7 on May 17 (12 days ago). The feature worked when I got the phone. I'm trying to remember when I did the software update. I'm guessing that's the culprit. Either that or it's not available in my part of Canada anymore.

One more thing that may or may not be related. When I first got this new phone, I didn't have emojis automatically showing when I typed key words. The fix for that was manually adding a bunch of emojis to a message then it started suggesting emojis when I typed.

May 31, 2017 4:35 PM in response to blaframb

It appears for those of us not in the US that changing the region to US resolves the issue. Unsure why it's not working for you, unless you don't have US set as the region. May be check that if you haven't already done so.

I'd tried just about everything I could think of yesterday to resolve this on my iPhone here in Australia even changing the region setting to NZ or UK. Came across this thread this morning and set it to US and #image began working again. Now reset it back to Aus because too much other stuff gets upset. What's strange is that a colleague with an iPhone 6s here in Australia is not experiencing the problem, yet my wife (in NZ) and I (in Australia) are.

Jun 1, 2017 8:38 AM in response to charlesfromwinkler

I am glad many people have seen my temporary fix. And have used it.

You are all welcome, lets just hope that the engineers have picked up the tickets.

Giphy is FREE, and works pretty much the same, when downloading free items from the app store remember that it may sometimes ask for your  id and password, its security... Then when #images is working just delete.

Thanks

Jay

Messages #images says "Could not load results."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.