Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change junk mail to desired mail?

I constantly have to designate certain junk mail emails to "not junk" or move them to my inbox.

Apparently Apple Mail doesn't respond my changes.

How can I manually change them so that they always appear in my inbox, rather than junk?

Don

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 6:17 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2017 8:04 AM in response to Don Rex

Don Rex wrote:

I constantly have to designate certain junk mail emails to "not junk" or move them to my inbox.

Apparently Apple Mail doesn't respond my changes.

How can I manually change them so that they always appear in my inbox, rather than junk?

If the above recommendations do not work for you, including Apples kb articles, you may consider a third party Spam Filter.

Turn off the enabled Junk mail preference in it's entirety .

Spam Sieve— https://c-command.com/spamsieve/

One of the best pieces of software I ever purchased. (A one time purchase, free updates with each macOS upgrade. 99.8% accuracy.)

* I have no affiliation.

User uploaded file

I will mention most email providers have server side spam filtering as well, and typically you can make some user setting there—before the mail ever hits your client side Mail program—by logging in through the web interface. Always worth poking around.

Feb 9, 2017 6:51 AM in response to Don Rex

This post may help Junk Mail False Positives (even senders marked as VIP)

Have found Mail does not always remember (I use a POP account) and have to reopen and do the selection again.

Also the account providers settings (IMAP) may be overriding your selection - I don't use IMAP but believe you can sign in via web and reconfigure.

ps. And this post sierra good emails landing in junk

How do I change junk mail to desired mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.