Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download pics to my PC from iphone 6s!

It used to be so simple by clicking on my device under "my computer" and choosing which pics I want to download. All it shows is internal storage (which is full and I can't figure out how to delete those either!). Everything has the latest updates. What is going on?????? So frustrating. I was about to buy an apple watch but reconsidering.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 17, 2017 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2017 10:55 AM

Hello Cartap

here are some steps to Import photos to PC

Import to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photo Gallery:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  3. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  4. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photo Gallery:

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photo Gallery. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer.

Learn what to do if you can‘t import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

43 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2017 10:55 AM in response to Cartap

Hello Cartap

here are some steps to Import photos to PC

Import to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photo Gallery:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  3. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  4. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photo Gallery:

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photo Gallery. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer.

Learn what to do if you can‘t import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

Jul 17, 2017 11:57 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

It USED to be quite simple, hence my post. I have downloaded 1000's of pictures from my iphone over the years until today's failed attempt. The internal storage pictures I want to delete and is a different (frustrating) issue. To clarify my Apple Watch comment, this frustration is making me reconsider continuing with Apple altogether. Thanks for your effort to help me.

Dec 21, 2017 5:37 AM in response to Cartap

Hey

Did you ever resolve the issue??? I am having the same problem. Always used to work fine, the pop up would appear, all pics/vids would download & away i'd go. Now when I connect it says it can only find 3 new pictures??? There are over 600 - none of which were there the last time I uploaded to the PC.

Jul 17, 2017 10:53 AM in response to Cartap

It is quite simple. You connect the iPhone to the computer, open the import utility on the computer, and import the photos. Windows import utility works very well. If you are seeing internal storage, then you should also be able to open that folder and see your photos, if you have trusted that computer and phone together. And I'm not sure what the Apple Watch has to do with photos on your iPhone and PC.

Jul 17, 2017 12:08 PM in response to Cartap

It still is. I import photos weekly from my iPhone 7 to my Windows 7 computer. Connect phone, select Import using Windows, click Okay, photos move to computer. I can also select the box to delete the photos when the are imported. No problems at all.

I'm not sure what the problem is that you are experiencing, since you do not describe it. You just indicate that you cannot. The method you are trying to use is not really the recommended method anyway, since modifying the camera roll in Explorer in Windows is not a good thing. It can cause issues with the file system on the phone. What happens when you attempt to import photos with the Import utility in Windows? Again, attempts to delete photos that way can also lead to an issue with the file structure, and it appears that may be what has happened. It could also be a driver issue, which is why Windows is not identifying the device properly.

Jan 4, 2018 6:04 PM in response to maykeema

I was having the same issues. Previously you would plug into computer & it would automatically download the pics that were new. When the box opened asking you to name file I would enter Jan 2018 name & it would not go in picture folder. So finally I looked at my old folder names & copies the same format of Year-month e.g. 2018-01 & it finally imported all the pictures 😊 It was never this difficult before & was ready to go to a different cell. I hope this post helps.

Jan 5, 2018 1:09 PM in response to Cartap

I am leaving apple when this phone dies. I know exactly what you mean and I am having the same problem. I have never used iTunes. Also now when I connect my phone via cord to PC it doesn't ask me to import. Nothing happens most of the time. When it does say it finds X number of photos I ask to download and it begins then I get an error message. I have had to compare my iphone photo to the PC files then manually delete each photo off the phone. And I see all that never downloaded and have no way to make them move from the iphone to the PC. ARGH

iPhone6s

Apparently the iPhoneX is completely different so now some online articles address the new procedure. UGH

Feb 1, 2018 6:05 AM in response to Lyd1

I am having the same issue. I have an IPhone 6s. I have never had any trouble downloading my photos from my phone to PC. Now when I try, it tells me I only have 3 pictures to download when my camera roll says 99. If I drag the 3 pictures to a folder on the desk top delete them. unplug my phone from computer wait a couple minutes and plug it back in it will show I have like 6 photos. I have to keep repeating this process until I have all pictures off my phone. It is a tedious process. Any help would be greatly appriciated

Mar 2, 2018 3:22 AM in response to ChristineMM

I have identical issue, and it's ******* me off - now need to compare picture by picture because the process stops at some point (reporting error) and I don't know what was and what was not transferred!!! Something that was always simple and easy now is time-consuming and impossible. After 6 years of good service, now I Definitely will go with Samsung on my next purchase, if this is not resolved very soon. This bug is really annoying!!!

Mar 14, 2018 10:35 AM in response to ATHT

why the **** is apple support not helping us!!??? I dont use itunes, in desperation I downloaded it, It still does not work..... some one needs to be fired!!,

this was once a fairly simply QUICK!! procedure.... so Apple you are clearly sending a message that all apple phone users should switch to a different brand phone.... you have had plenty of time to address this but choose to bend us over and do nothing....... so ANGRY!!!

Mar 31, 2018 9:09 PM in response to Cartap

I had the same problem with my iPhone 7.

Here's how I solved it.

1) Go to Settings

2) Scroll down in the Settings menu to Photos

3) On the Photos menu, scroll down to the bottom of the page

4) You will see a section header titled "TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC"

5) The checkmark will be on "Automatic"

6) Tap on "Keep Originals" to select that instead

7) Now connect your phone to the your PC and import your photos.

That should resolved the issue for the most part. I still had a few photos left over on the iPhone after importing but most of them properly erased off the phone after they were imported to my pc.

I can't download pics to my PC from iphone 6s!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.