Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is textinput on iPhone

What is textinput? It just showed up on my iCloud storage & I have no idea what it is. It shows "documents and data." And is filling up my storage.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Jul 28, 2017 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2017 12:54 PM

I wouldn't worry about it as it has shown up for me as well, and I have seen a couple of folks on the internet inquire about it too.

I believe it has something to do with iOS 10.3.2 -- About the security content of iOS 10.3.2 - Apple Support. I reached out to Apple Support on Twitter and they told me to not to worry about and to not remove it either.

117 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2017 12:54 PM in response to M@rine

I wouldn't worry about it as it has shown up for me as well, and I have seen a couple of folks on the internet inquire about it too.

I believe it has something to do with iOS 10.3.2 -- About the security content of iOS 10.3.2 - Apple Support. I reached out to Apple Support on Twitter and they told me to not to worry about and to not remove it either.

Aug 26, 2017 9:34 AM in response to zinacef

zinacef wrote:

@Idris -- I never had or ever used text shortcuts. I've always prided myself, when texting, to use proper english. I deleted it too and nothing deleterious occurred that I noticed, and the file eventually returned the next day.

Text shortcuts have nothing to do with text messaging. There is an feature on your Apple devices that will allow you to type a text shortcut and have it automatically expand. For example, "bbol" could be "Best of Luck". I have one set up where, if I type a particular set of letters, my address appears.

Here's what they look like on your Mac:

User uploaded file

As you can see, they also allow you to insert nicely formatted fractions.

I'd say text shortcuts are almost the complete opposite of the sort of abbreviations used by some people in messaging.

Aug 6, 2017 10:56 AM in response to M@rine

Ok So I had the same question....just noticed and did my research like everyone else. I wanted to know what this

blemish was doing on my phone. I read that Apple was telling some of you not to delete it. Some said it's Text Replacement, such as "omw" on my way" so on and so forth. Some of you tried to delete but the app was still in your iphone/ipad.

Ok so, I read that you could open the app and hit edit to delete what you wanted to delete.

Wellllll I tried it, hit edit and it gave me the option to "delete all"....I did. The app is gone. Yay! If you need it great. If you don't then remove it. It won't hurt the phone nor the ipad. I restarted my ipad and it's still gone.

If my ipad does explode....I'll let you know. Tootles!

Aug 11, 2017 6:08 PM in response to M@rine

hi, i did the same question in the latin america aplee community and for some reason nobody answered my question, well, what can i do ?jejeje thanks for give the information about the textinput, i was very worry of this weird program or what ever. i only delete textinput of my iclod and then i will forget this

thanks for all

Aug 26, 2017 8:54 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Aunt Jo 14 wrote:

So from the responses posted here, no one really knows what TextInput is or what it does, but because it's such a small file we should just ignore it? That's not really an answer.

It's the file that stores your text shortcuts.

No it isn't. I don't have any "text shortcuts" and it's on my device. I've even reached out to Apple Support and they don't even know what it is or why it's there. All they can offer is to leave it alone.

What is textinput on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.