Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Apple ID in App Store

I have the same problem as is already asked here, here, here and here, but these posts are already more than 5 years old, and there is no (correct) answer on these questions.

In the settings screen, in the section iTunes and App Store, I see that I am logged in with Apple ID "XXX". In the App Store, when I want to update an app, it asks for the password belonging to Apple ID "YYY". This last Apple ID was the Apple ID from the previous owner, before resetting it to factory settings. How can I forcefully re-login in the App Store? I am using iOS 10.3.3.

The answer to the first question refers to Find my iPhone, so is a completely irrelevant answer. Another answer mentions that there is a log out button on the bottom of the screen, but it's not there.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 11, 2017 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2017 7:38 AM

You cannot update apps that are purchased under the Apple ID of the previous owner. Those apps are not yours. Remove them and purchase them yourself.

6 replies

Oct 27, 2017 1:20 PM in response to Esquared

I have the same problem with my offspring's ex-boyfriend's Apple ID appearing and needing a Password with no indication as to what it refers to.

Following your very obvious comment, I have 13 days of music and 100s of Apps on my iPhone. Which is the one do you suggest that I should delete?

Is there a way of showing which apps are tied to Apple IDs?

Wrong Apple ID in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.