Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone 8: crackling static noise during calls

It’s intermittent - on some calls you can perfectly notice it on others no problem. I have already tried resetting the phone with no success on solving the problem. I’m dealing with the issue since Friday. Very disappointed!

Does anyone has the same problem or knows how to fix it ?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Sep 26, 2017 10:49 AM in response to SOBADA In response to SOBADA

I can confirm I have this issues with a 1 day old 8+. I have turned speakerphone on/off. I have disabled LTE voice, I have disabled Noise Cancellation.. nothing solves this issue. I thought I didn’t have it and then on calls with my wife last night I heard it.

A way to test it is to call a number.. say 1800-PICK-UPS.. something that talks a bit so you can listen. It is a light scratching and tinny popping noise. IMO, it is widespread.

Hearing that 11.0.1 does not resolve. This is not cool.. brand new launch phones.

Sep 26, 2017 10:49 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Sep 26, 2017 11:21 AM in response to SOBADA In response to SOBADA

I am having the problem also. iPhone 8 plus att. Some calls do it while others don’t. When it does crackle it’s extrmely annoying. There’s about 22 pages on macrumors post of people having the same problem. Phones been replaced and still have the crackling along with the new update doesn’t fix it.

Sep 26, 2017 11:21 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: SOBADA

Question: iPhone 8: crackling static noise during calls