Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With the iOS 11 update, Alarm volume extremely low.

I can’t seem to control my alarm volume. It says volume all the way up but alarm is still very low.

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2017 3:07 AM

Agreed. Ever since I purchased my iPhone 8, the alarm comes on blaring loud. I’ve adjusted the volume in the sound & haptics, but every morning the alarm comes back on extremely loud. Also, I can’t adjust volume on side, that only controls my ringer. Anything work for you?

36 replies

Sep 26, 2017 7:38 AM in response to mikehorn1word

Hi, mikehorn1word!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand your volume seems very low when playing your alarm, even though it is turned all the way up. I would be happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend the following steps from If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support :

If you do hear sound, use these steps and check the sound after each step:

Check your sound settings

If your device has a Ring/Silent switch, move the switch so that you don't see orange by the switch.

Next, open Settings > Do Not Disturb and check that Do Not Disturb is off.

User uploaded file

Check sound with an app

Open an app that has music or sound effects. To test for sound, adjust the volume with your volume buttons or the slider in Control Center.

Plug headphones into your device

If you can hear sound through the headset, remove it and clear dust or debris from the headset port on your device.

Turn off Bluetooth

To make sure that your device isn't connected to a Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.

Restart your device

Turn off your device, then turn it back on. Check the sound again. If you still don't hear any sound, contact Apple Support.

Have a wonderful day.

Oct 2, 2017 4:47 PM in response to mikehorn1word

I have had this problem too since the update, was late to work a few days as I rely on my phone for an alarm. I found the volume for my ringer/alerts in settings was all the way down, and my “change volume with buttons” was turned off, because who would think they needed to go into settings to switch a button to be able to turn the volume up or down on their phone using the volume buttons? Thanks for the tips!

Oct 10, 2017 4:41 AM in response to mikehorn1word

I have the same problem since I’ve installed the latest update .

Side volume buttons has always been (since iPhone 1) use to adjust sound volume while on iTunes or other app and to adjust ring volume while on home screen or alarm .

It’s a basic, primery function and it must be accessible easily via one button action, not through step process: settings- sounds & haptics- sliding bar adjustment!!!

I hope Apple will address and fix this uncomfortable issue soon!!!

Oct 17, 2017 12:24 AM in response to mikehorn1word

You can still adjust the alarm/alert volume!

Since the uptdate to IOS 11 the "Change with Buttons" toggle in settings is OFF!

And that's the problem.

You may want to turn this on again, to have volume control using the two buttons on the left hand side of your iPhone.

Go to SETTINGS-> Sounds & Haptics and turn the toggle ON.

If you don't want the buttons control your volume, you can still adjust the volume of your ringtone and your ALERTS:

Go to: Settings-> Sounds & Haptics and move the slider "Ringer and Alerts" to the left or to the right to adjust the volume of your ringtone and your ALERTS tone at the same time.

I hope this fixed your problem. Happy to hear back from you.

Kind Regards

Anette

(iPhone 7)

Jan 8, 2018 12:59 PM in response to mikehorn1word

I've got an iPhone X (10) and thought the alarm was very quiet (compared to ringer and alert volume). I'd been through all the options (ringer and alert volume slider, change with buttons, turning my device off and on again, hard reboot, reset all settings), but nothing changed it. Eventually I discovered that it's a new feature of the iPhone X. If you're looking at the phone the alarm is quiet, if you don't look it's as loud as other ringers and alerts. (Once it's gone quieter, it stays at that volume).

With the iOS 11 update, Alarm volume extremely low.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.