Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete all emails on iPhone

How do I delete all emails in iOS 11 on Iphone at once?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 7, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 2:32 PM

If what you're looking for is a button to select all mail at one time and then delete all mail at once, that doesn't exist. The above advice was correct in that if you choose edit, you can then select each message, but you have to select each email by tapping the round button next to each message individually. It's usually easier to use your laptop or PC to delete mail in bulk.

129 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2017 2:32 PM in response to djvic74

If what you're looking for is a button to select all mail at one time and then delete all mail at once, that doesn't exist. The above advice was correct in that if you choose edit, you can then select each message, but you have to select each email by tapping the round button next to each message individually. It's usually easier to use your laptop or PC to delete mail in bulk.

Oct 3, 2017 3:07 PM in response to djvic74

It's a glitch and it works!
Open the mailbox you decided to delete, press Edit at the top right corner, select one random email, then press and hold "Move" and while you hold it, unselect the email previously selected. When you release the "Move" button, then you can choose to move all mail to trash or another folder. Voilá!

Regards.

Nov 27, 2017 5:49 AM in response to Dayton416

Well Daytona, you most definitely didn't hurt my feelings. When you buy Apple or become head of engineering, you can make the products do whatever you want. Until then, arguing about a feature that doesn't exist here is a waste of time. Apple doesn't read these posts. Provide your feedback to them directly: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

PS: Iphone X doesn't have this as none of the iPhones do. And yes, I own iPhone X.

Dec 22, 2017 6:56 PM in response to fnegron

Again, this existed at one time. Having been around here for years now, you don't can't imagine how many people "accidentally" deleted their entire mailbox and were desperate to get their mail back. Is that why Apple took it away? I don't know, but it certainly has eliminated the moans and cries from people who did this regularly.

Why anyone let's messages pile up to the tune of thousands is a mystery to me personally. I clean out my mailbox daily. But that's me, clearly not others. If you think this is something you want, you can provide feedback to Apple (this is a user to user only forum and Apple isn't here) directly via this link: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Jan 27, 2018 5:31 PM in response to crooga55

crooga55 wrote:

My wife has this issue and has over 8,000 emails in her mailbox on iPad and iPhone. Apple, you really need to fix this. Even Microsoft have a Delete All function on their mail products. Get your act together!!

Apple isn't here, isn't reading these and won't respond to you. While it's very unlikely Apple will bring this feature back, you should provide feedback to Apple directly, not here, via this link: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Oct 5, 2017 8:46 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Yes, you are right, there was a delete all function in the past. I can see what you are saying as regards people accidentally deleting all their messages. I use both MacBook Pro and iPhone for mail but primarily the MacBook, so they build up on the phone app. I for one would appreciate the delete all function but given that's not available now the glitch by myndis above works great.

Nov 25, 2017 3:13 AM in response to askbarnabas

“If you go to your email, in the top right corner there is an edit button. once you hit that, you can select every piece of email you have and one of the options is to delete.“

Apple- please tell me you realize how utterly ridiculous that is. New iPhone user...and just had to delete several hundred old emails by selecting each individually. Is it really that difficult to add a ‘select all’ button? What’s the rational for taking it away if it was already there?

How to delete all emails on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.