Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Facebook events to iPhone Calendar

I got the iPhone 8 and with it iOS 11 (11.0.1) and I noticed that I do not have my Facebook events like birthdays etc. in my calendar like before.
On High Sierra I got it working again by going to settings and subscribing to facebook again, but the events don't carry over to my iPhones calendar.

Anyone have some tips on how to get it to sync with Facebook events?

Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 8, iOS 11.0.1, null

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 11:36 AM

You can add Facebook Events back to your calendar as subscribed calendar by going to the Facebook Events page (full version, not the mobile version) and there's an option in the lower right hand corner. If you have a Mac, it's easiest to do it from there and it can sync to iPhone/iPad.

Removing the old pre-iOS11 Facebook calendar from iPhone/iPad seems to be impossible for now.....

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2017 11:36 AM in response to arsenio3d

You can add Facebook Events back to your calendar as subscribed calendar by going to the Facebook Events page (full version, not the mobile version) and there's an option in the lower right hand corner. If you have a Mac, it's easiest to do it from there and it can sync to iPhone/iPad.

Removing the old pre-iOS11 Facebook calendar from iPhone/iPad seems to be impossible for now.....

Nov 28, 2017 10:46 AM in response to Mrsgrable

I was having the same problem...trying to do this using my phone. I found this solution and it was super easy and it worked! YAY!

If you have a Mac (or probably PC), it's not that hard to subscribe to events. Open https://www.facebook.com/events/ (logged in to your FB account of course). On the right sidebar, scrolling down a bit, is a box that says, "You can add your events to Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar. Once you add them, they'll stay updated". Click one or both of the links below (Upcoming events, Birthdays) and it should either open your Calendar app or at least give you a link that you can subscribe to in your desktop Calendar app.

I think that you can do the same thing on the phone with Safari, but long-press the refresh control in the address bar to expose the "request desktop site" to see the full Facebook.com/events page. The links should then be there (pretty small, but you can pinch to zoom.)

Dec 3, 2017 7:54 AM in response to arsenio3d

Clarifying rosebud above^^^ this worked for me. But I did this:

1) Open your iPhone’s Safari. New window.

2) Login to Facebook (it will auto-default to mobile) and stay logged in.

3) Open a new Safari window and directly type: facebook.com/events. Then long-press the refresh control (circular arrow) in the address bar to expose the "request desktop site" (pops up at the bottom).

4) The aforementioned links should then be there (pretty small, but you can pinch to zoom.)

5) This will *subscribe* your FB events to your iPhone calendar (this new iOS11 version).

6) Refresh the Calendar app as needed.

Dec 6, 2017 2:26 AM in response to arsenio3d

There is a way to workaround this - takes 30 seconds.

1) Open safari and log into facebook. This takes you to the mobile site

2) in the address bar, type: Facebook.com/events. This takes you to the mobile events site.

3) Press and hold the refresh button on the right hand side of the address bar. Select: Go to Desktop Site.

4) Scroll to the right and down, and zoom in. Below the box for "Upcoming Birthdays" you will see a new box which has the text "You can add your events to Microsoft Outlook..."

5) Press the respective button you want (events or Birthdays) and this will add the calendars into the iCal as subscribed calendars.

Voila.

Feb 1, 2018 8:23 AM in response to rosebud868

here is my issue.

If I try to click 'Upcoming Events' or 'Birthdays' in Chrome nothing happens. I tried it in FireFox and Edge and it brings me to a dead website "https://30boxes.com/external/widget?refer=ff&url=webcal%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com... "

with this text "

Hi, I'm Narendra from 30 Boxes.

Unfortunately, we can't make heads or tails of your calendar mashup.

We couldn't find any data in:
webcal://www.facebook.com/ical/u.php?"

I can NOT figure out why this is so difficult.

Feb 1, 2018 9:23 AM in response to NeighborBob

Well now this keeps getting interesting.

I do not know why the 'Upcoming Events' link would not open in Windows 10 whether I was using Chrome, FireFox or Edge. It would fail every time. I tried the request desktop site on my iPhone and that failed. I just now opened my iPad mini, went into Safari and it loads a desktop version and IT WORKS. THE **** LINK WORKS.

Talk about a freakin PITA, I now have FB events synced on my iPad calendar and not on my iPhone!

😕

Apr 5, 2018 1:48 PM in response to Hewettn

Thanks. Couldn't figure out that I needed the "desktop" site - I needed the info where you said to "hold down the refresh button" - never knew about that function! One piece of information that wasn't explicitly said: If you want to sync the FB events with your iphone, you need to do this function from your actual phone. Using a regular PC (i.e. not any device connected to your Apple Cloud account), will not give you the flexibility to sync to your Apple devices.

Apr 16, 2018 9:01 AM in response to arsenio3d

To export all upcoming events or birthdays at once:

1. Click Events on the left side of your homepage (using desktop version, not mobile version)

2. On the bottom right side, below Find Events, click Upcoming Events to export all upcoming events. Click Birthdays to export all upcoming events. Click Birthdays to export all upcoming birthdays.

3. A pop up with come out, just click subsribe.

To export an individual upcoming event:

1. Go to the event you’d lije to export and click the icon with three dots and export event

2. Select whether to save the event to your computer or send it in an email.

3. Click Export

This is how it is done with mac

Add Facebook events to iPhone Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.