Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 plus wifi issues

is anyone having problems where wifi keeps dropping out and back on on iphone 8plus? i know it’s not the WiFi connection in the house as no issues for anyone else in the house running phones, streaming films etc.

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 11:34 AM

I have the same issue. Wifi keeps on dropping especially while streaming videos. This is really annoying and the troubleshooting steps you provide is not helping. I am not sure if this is a bug from the recent iOS update or some kind of hardware issue that this needs to be checked/verified by Apple Tech support.

I keep on calling Apple Help Desk for this issue but the line was busy.

FYI - its not with the router coz mine, its just besides me.

119 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2017 11:34 AM in response to Teddy_B

I have the same issue. Wifi keeps on dropping especially while streaming videos. This is really annoying and the troubleshooting steps you provide is not helping. I am not sure if this is a bug from the recent iOS update or some kind of hardware issue that this needs to be checked/verified by Apple Tech support.

Sep 29, 2017 7:55 AM in response to Kate77L06

Hello Kate77L06,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having an issue with the Wi-Fi connection dropping on your iPhone 8 Plus. I definitely want to make sure that you can use Wi-Fi without any issues, so I'm happy to help.

I suggest going through all of the steps in this support article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network .

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have an amazing day!

Nov 28, 2017 4:30 PM in response to Kate77L06

29 Nov 2017: Kate I am having same problem with IPhone 8+ using latest IOS ver: 11.1.2 . Wifi drops out 5-10 times an hour for no reason and need to manually connect back to network.

My Wifi Reuter is time capsule and time capsule works fine with all my other Apple devices (iPads / iPhone 6) running latest IOS 11 so this seems to be IPhone 8 issue - has anyone had issue with IPhone X and wifi dropping?

Nb the steps in support article above link are generic to wifi connection rather than wifi dropping out but still useful to reset your network if you have not done this

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

I will raise a support case with Apple and update if any solution

MRHK

Oct 7, 2017 5:22 PM in response to Kate77L06

I have the same issue. Wifi keeps on dropping especially while streaming videos. This is really annoying and the troubleshooting steps you provide is not helping. I am not sure if this is a bug from the recent iOS update or some kind of hardware issue that needs to be checked/verified by Apple Tech support.

Oct 14, 2017 4:22 AM in response to Kate77L06

Yes since release date. I am on sky q with a router only a few months old. No issues with iphone 6, ipad and macbook and apple think its a problem with my router! I’ve reset network settings twice on the iphone 8 and reset my router and tried a number of trouble shooting measures none have worked. It shows i am connected to wifi but it randomly stops working and I have to reset wifi by going into the control centre and switching off & on wifi and then it works fine...until it drops again. Apple are no help, I now have to call sky and get them to reset my IP addresses or some nonsense. I’ll try it but if that doesn’t work I’ll take the phone back and swap for another.

Oct 29, 2017 8:49 AM in response to Paulleern

I’m now on my third iPhone 8 plus because Of WiFi connectivity issues. What happens to me is when the device is switching networks or access points, it becomes temporarily unresponsive. And sometimes it even causes a reboot and disables the haptic functionality of the home “button.” Both Genius Bar techs I spoke with placed immediate blame on my backup being “corrupt.” However, on each device I have tried both restoring a backup and a clean setup and experienced the same results regardless of whether a backup is used. I hope this is just a software issue as I’ve already had Apple replace my device twice due to this frustrating quality issue. And it always freezes right when you need some info quickly.

Nov 1, 2017 2:34 PM in response to Teddy_B

These steps are simply to connect to a wifi network. The issue here is that the phone keeps dropping the wifi everytime we lock it. After unlocking the phone, if we click on the settings - it connects back on its own - but again as soon as you lock the phone it drops. We have to keep repeating the process to get back on the wifi, which is a big pain. Please suggest how to resolve the issue.

Nov 1, 2017 4:06 PM in response to Kate77L06

Mine keeps dropping signal when I'm based in the same room as the router but when I leave the room and go upstairs it connects and stay connected!

Can't understand why this happens as all my other devices connect and stay connected in the room with the router.

Went into Apple shop for support and they seemed to think the phone was working perfectly fine when they looked at it and suggested I reset my router.

I'm not happy. Took their advice but problem persists.

2 other problems I also have are a bad quality fuzzy sound during a call

And not being able to get my iPhone 8plus to communicate and transfer data to my other devices via Bluetooth!

Nov 1, 2017 10:50 PM in response to Kate77L06

I have the same problem with my 8plus. Every time I leave my house my phone doesn’t connect back to my WiFi when I get back. I would have to reset my network to reconnect. I’ve called Apple and they replaced my phone and I’m having the same issue. I have the 64 gigs and my daughter has the 240gigs 8plus and she has no issues.

Nov 3, 2017 2:55 AM in response to RobFromMars

There is a new setting in iOS 11 called "Auto-Join" which you can find under the particular wireless netowrk you have joined. It seemed that on my iPhone 8, it was not enabled, so everytime my iPhone 8 left the network or went to screen-off, it left the network and did not rejoin.

On the other hand, my iPad and iPod touch had the auto-join enabled, hence no problems.

Mac had no problems either.

Nov 3, 2017 5:21 AM in response to Kate77L06

I outlined the exact same issue on this thread. And even after the 11.1 upgrade I’m still seeing the issue. Literally sitting in the exact same spot as I type this, connection disappears and touch screen becomes unresponsive when switching from WiFi to LTE to WiFi. It does not happen on my 7 plus that I have sitting here as well, so since this is my 3rd iPhone 8 Plus, I think it’s a hardware issue. Apple needs to fix this!

Nov 4, 2017 2:18 AM in response to VN5

Hi Friends,

I have recently bought Iphone8 and seeing one weird behavior . My phone works well when it is not locked and connected to wifi. But when i lock my phone and leave it for some time then WIFI gets disconnected and it doesn't connect again until i unlock my phone. My other phone and devices are not having this problem with my wifi.

Does anyone face this issue ?

iphone 8 plus wifi issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.