Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom iPhone X display like iPhone 7?

There was standard and zoom view in iPhone 7 but no such option on iPhone X... Is there a way to get larger icons and folders like "zoomed" view on previous models?

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2017 10:31 AM

Try to send a feedback on Feedback - iPhone - Apple

The more requests Apple receives, the more probable is to get the feature back.

I already did submit a feedback, after having tried to get a workaround on this.

Until now all I could find was a partial display zoom.

So the more requests we send, the better.

28 replies

Dec 6, 2017 11:47 AM in response to philipfromnorthwood

philipfromnorthwood wrote:

No there is not. i am seriously annoyed about this.

I am short sighted and have always had zoomed view on previous iPhones.

Apple need to get this feature on the iPhone X NOW!!!!!!! or I am considering giving the phone back

Telling us what you think Apple needs to do is pointless. We are not Apple and they aren't here. We're users and to be honest, it's fine with us if you give your phone back.

If you want to let Apple know how you feel, this is the link to provide feedback: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Jan 17, 2018 6:11 AM in response to Vicks0

Posted the following text to Feedback - iPhone - Apple

If anyone needs a pre-canned text to post there, here it is:

Subject: bring DisplayZoom view:Zoomed to X

Feedback type: Design / ease of use

The biggest thing I miss on my iPhone X is Display Zoom: Zoomed in System Settings. Ability to make my entire iOS experience shown in larger font and icon sizes is the only reason I seriously consider to downgrade to the previous-generation device (iPhone 8 Plus).

And the request seem to be extremely popular on Discussions.Apple.com: only one example is https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8145576

Nov 4, 2017 6:20 AM in response to askbarnabas

There are many options, including "zoom" but they don't do "zoomed view" which effectively enlarged all UI elements in place. "Zoom" on the iPhone X puts a magnifying glass over the area you are using to make it easier to see. A bit awkward and not what I'm looking for at all. May help some, however. I tried all the options in there and they all relate to essentially what I'd call magnifying a certain section of the screen itself, but not making all elements larger. Text can be made larger, but I can't find a way to make other UI elements get larger with it.

Nov 4, 2017 6:41 AM in response to Joshua Morganstein

I'm glad somebody else has this question. I actually haven't activated my iPhone X yet for this reason. I have used this feature on every plus phone I have owned. It's the first thing I change when setting up a phone. I am very disappointed that it isn't an option on the X. I am considering returning it at this point and sticking with my current 7 plus.

Nov 6, 2017 10:38 PM in response to Joshua Morganstein

I was wondering the exact same thing. Not necessarily a deal breaker but close. If enough of us ask about it, maybe they will bring it back in 11.3.

I looked back at my 6s Plus in standard mode and said "no way". I kept it on zoomed mode even when I had a 6s. Apple, if your listening, please bring back zoom view in a future iOS update.

I think it will be one of the most requested features. At least I hope.

Nov 12, 2017 3:03 PM in response to Joshua Morganstein

Hi Joshua,

Can you share more info? It seems that in 6/7 PLUS, the zoom view was in display and you could turn it to view or standard. In iPhone X, it seems the zoom setting is in Accessiblity. Are the features of the function the same or different. My question is how can a user turn off the Display Zoom? Because it seems that it is not an option for X users to view in Standard or Zoomed mode. I think the Zoom setting in Accessibility must do something else. Can you comment further?

Zoom iPhone X display like iPhone 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.