Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X - green line

Day one and a bright green line has appeared down the right side of the iPhone X. Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2017 1:39 PM

Having the exact same issue. I've Google this and I've seen as much of 5-10 similar "green line on right side" phones.

This is my photo:

User uploaded file

I've looked at this thread:

Green line down side of iPhone X screen | MacRumors Forums

105 replies

Nov 13, 2017 8:50 AM in response to benvolio1979

I got the same issues..but it got covered by replacing the unit

You can aldo check my instagram @irz.kaizer

I’ve put the video there

The green line is more brighter than yours and the screen is tend to be “greenish”

For the new unit i charged with the original cable from apple and never charge it to 100%

It seems to be a hardware issues till we got the next software update to prevent it

For a $999 phone, i’ve so dissapointed

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Nov 16, 2017 12:40 PM in response to benvolio1979

Delivered on 11/15/2017 (IOS: 11.1.1)

Less than 12 hours as I unboxed and got Green line on right side of OLED right on edge.

(looks like there are many phone X’s with exact same hardware issue on exact same left side on the edge)

$1000 and unfinished product!? Is this Apple or LG with this OLED issues.

I have to return this end order another one,

back-order on X models and maybe delivered in December with same issue 😟 .

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Dec 20, 2017 2:01 AM in response to benvolio1979

I`ve bot a new Iphone X. And I was glad to use him. But in a few weeks i found out a green stripe at the right side of the screen. Collors were poor. I went to the nearest service center and asked guys to fix this problem or to change him on the new one. But they told me that i should go to the Hong-Kong and change it there, because they can`t do anything because i`ve bot it not in my country (I live in Israel). I want someone to help me with my problem and change it on the new oneUser uploaded file

Dec 28, 2017 7:56 PM in response to benvolio1979

I had the same issue 30 minutes after trying to set up my phone! I went att store to try to swap it. they told me they could not assist and only Apple is. Only 2 days old because they were closed on xmas. Today I went to the Apple store at willowbend mall, waited for 3 **** long hours and they told me that the only thing that they could do is send it in for a screen repair. I declined on the repair and asked for a swap because it’s 1000 dollar phone and only a few days old. They said they couldn’t do it and wasted my 3 hours waiting for this type of service. Crazy. I wouldn’t buy Apple product again. I had an iPhone 6 Plus and it was too slow after the iOS update, wasted my money time and patience. It’s hard to be nice when both att store and Apple failed to stand up for their product. Don’t buy this phone people, it’s not worth it. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jan 22, 2018 7:55 AM in response to benvolio1979

Hi all

Same issue popped up on Jan12 after very normal (boring) use of the phone ie no shocks, no falls, no extreme temperatures, phone in a case and with a glass screen protection since day 1

Took 7 days to get an appointment at a 'Genius' bar where they offered to replace the screen when i asked for an exchange for a new unit ... 1 hour wait seemed acceptable anyway but i had to wait 2 hours to have the 'Genius' tell me they have to give me a brand new one ... problem solved but this is a first in my 20+ years of owning Apple devices that i experience poor quality manufacturing AND poor quality service in the same instance - disappointed

User uploaded file

Nov 10, 2017 10:25 AM in response to benvolio1979

Hi, I have the green line problem too. I did update to IOS 11.1.1 and it did not solve the problem I see a vertical green line on both sides of the screen and, depending on the angle of the light reflecting on the screen, these lines alternate from green to red. I have the Space Grey IPhone X with 256 GB of storage. This is very disappointing for a phone that, including Apple Care and applicable taxes here in Quebec, cost around $2,100 CAD...

Nov 10, 2017 10:39 AM in response to sswitzer1952

My green lines are identical to the picture above (posted by Tomek80). They are very thin and show up depending on the angle of the light hitting the surface of the screen. They are no where as thick as other pictures above and they alternate from green to red. I use a screen protector (pure.gear Tempered Glass). Are you suggesting that this is a normal phenomenon caused the screen protector?

iPhone X - green line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.