Looks like no oneā€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X touch screen not working

My new 256GB T-Mobile Spay Gray iPhone X has a non responsive touch screen. After initial boot up, I could not swipe up to begin setup. After numerous resets using volume up, volume down and then holding side button, I was able to use touch screen and start setup process. I then had numerous issues during setup (slowness, iCloud backup restore failure, freezing). Did an erase and reset up via Reset in Preferences > General and everything seemed to start working normally. After about 6 hours, the touch screen stopped working again. Have not been able to use phone again even after a erase and restore in iTunes.

Local Apple stores have no stock for replacement, AppleCare wants to put a $1150 hold on my credit card to ship an advanced replacement or have me send this one back and wait a few weeks for a replacement. None of these are good options si Co I already traded in my iPhone 7.

Anyone else having touch screen issues or is mine a one off lemon?

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 11:23 AM

190 replies

Nov 5, 2017 1:14 AM in response to Thomas Gaynor1

I having exactly the same issue. And my options were pretty much the same. The only thing that works to correct it is to do a complete restore in "dfu" mode when connected to my computer. It didn't work all day Friday, worked all day yesterday with no issues and this morning was not working again. I tried up and down and side button reboot but nothing. Had to do a full restore which leads me to believe it is a software issue. If it was a hardware issue reinstalling the software wouldn't make it start working. I have an appt. with Genius on Tuesday hoping they can resolve as I am not putting a $1259 dollar hold on my card for a brand new phone that doesn't work. There are many others with the same problem, we are not alone. Hoping there is a software fix before I go on Tuesday. The other option was regular phone replacement which is looking like a 2 week process not cool for someone that got up at 3:01 am to order. I am guessing they have a few on hand at the store as this is slowly becoming more prevalent. If i don't walk out with a new phone then I'll start with social media and see if that speeds them up. Lets call this ScreenGate.

Nov 4, 2017 12:00 PM in response to Thomas Gaynor1

You have to buy an another iPhone X (iPhone X - Apple (UK))

Back up your data

Please be sure to back up the data on your iPhone ā€” either on your computer or using iCloud. Learn how to back up your iPhone.To service your iOS device, Find My iPhone will need to be temporarily turned off. In order to turn off Find My iPhone, you must know your Apple ID and Password.** If you are unable to turn off Find My iPhone, Apple cannot provide support services. This policy is in force to prevent unauthorized persons from servicing your device without your knowledge. If you don't remember your Apple ID and Password, please go to iForgot.

Update your software

Many issues can be resolved by updating the software on your iPhone. If youā€™re on iOS 5 or later, you can update over Wi-Fi or by connecting to iTunes on your Mac or PC. Learn how to update your iPhone.

Feb 12, 2018 5:20 PM in response to antoniosfromkorinthos

antoniosfromkorinthos wrote:

APPLE ARE YOU HERE?????

No, we are just fellow users on this forum; Apple only reads these articles to enforce the Terms of Use.

I suggest you contact Apple Greece directly:

Ī•Ļ€ĪÆĻƒĪ·Ī¼Ī· Ļ…Ļ€ĪæĻƒĻ„Ī®ĻĪ¹Ī¾Ī· Ļ„Ī·Ļ‚ Apple

Their phone number is listed as 00800 4414 5417.

Nov 7, 2017 2:10 AM in response to Briansyddall

I've done several regular restores and a few "dfu" restores and it is very odd it just works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I talked with a very good friend, fairly high up in the Apple and "he/she" said I can walk in and should be able to switch out the phone. I do have an appointment with a Genius today just so I don't have to wait at the store as long as a walk in. My friend says they do have units they keep for broken ones at the local store. He/She said there is no guarantee but hopefully I walk out with a working phone. When it works it is pretty remarkable. Beautiful pictures and the face recognition is awesome, no more groping to get my finger on the button.

Nov 7, 2017 11:56 AM in response to ChefBubba4

and the face recognition is awesome

Yes and no.

Face ID and fingerprints donā€™t give you the legal protection of a Passcode... From a legal perspective, youā€™re LESS secure unlocking a phone with your face ā€” or any biometric mechanism ā€” than with a Passcode. Passcodes are considered ā€œtestimonialā€ evidence based on the contents of your thoughts. But in multiple cases, suspects have been ORDERED to unlock a phone via fingerprint, under the reasoning that their fingerprint (or your face) is a piece of physical evidence. They cannot order you enter a passcode. Face Recognition and Fingerprint ID are OPTIONAL on all iPhones.

Nov 10, 2017 12:32 AM in response to Thomas Gaynor1

My Iphine X screen stopped working as well. I took it to ATt&T(I purchased it online). They did the same thing I did and did a force restart. But it did nothing. They told me there was nothing they could do. I had to return. It online and wait 5 weeks for another one. The Apple store near me doesn't have a appointment until next Wednesdsy. What a awfull situation. Will someone update this blog where. They get through with

iPhone X touch screen not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.