Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 9.7 charging issues w/ Logitech Create Case

I'm having issues with my iPad Pro charging when its connected to the Logitech Create case. All items Charger, Cable, Case, Tablet were purchased in the Apple Store. I've tested the charger and cable with our other ipad, and our phones and all other items seem to charge fine.

When the tablet is attached to the 3 pin connector and the charger is plugged in the battery icon will turn green and it will show charging for a few seconds before it says not charging and turns black and white.

If I disconnect the 3 pin connection from the ipad after this happens it still won't show that it is charging.

If I remove the cable and reinsert it while its disconnected from the case it will begin to charge and remain charging. If it some point I reattach 3 pin connector while charging it will shortly thereafter say not charging and continue to not charge even if its taken off the 3 pin.

At this point I either need to flip the keyboard around or lay it flat to charge.

This is on the 9.7 iPad Pro and the Logitech Create case sold through the apple store. It has been happening on iOS 11.1.1 and 11.1.2.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2017 10:35 AM

I'm having the same issue. It also happens whenI try to charge my Apple Pencil and the iPad is connected to Logitech case. Spoke with Logitech today after not hearing back about a warranty claim submitted for this issue. They said its definitely the latest iOS update and that they've been in communication with Apple about fixing this on an iOS update. Logitech also said they've been getting a lot of calls about this same issue.

Hopefully Apple will address this soon. It's quite frustrating.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2017 10:35 AM in response to micmac44

I'm having the same issue. It also happens whenI try to charge my Apple Pencil and the iPad is connected to Logitech case. Spoke with Logitech today after not hearing back about a warranty claim submitted for this issue. They said its definitely the latest iOS update and that they've been in communication with Apple about fixing this on an iOS update. Logitech also said they've been getting a lot of calls about this same issue.

Hopefully Apple will address this soon. It's quite frustrating.

Dec 11, 2017 6:18 AM in response to rtbatch

Ditto. Definitely happened after last iOS update. Other iPads and phones are not having the issue and if I take it out of the Logitech case and keyboard it charges 7 days in a row just fine. Snap it back into the case and its a 50% failure rate when you wake up in the morning. Very frustrating as it goes green when you plug it in at night 🙂.

Jan 10, 2018 12:45 PM in response to micmac44

I'm experiencing the same issue. If I plug in the Lightning cable into the iPad while it is undocked from the Logitech Create, it charges. As soon as I connect the iPad to the Create, the iPad stops charging. If I then unplug the Lightning cable and plug it back in while the Create is still connected, it charges again.

So... to ensure my iPad charges completely without interruption, I have to either charge it with the Create keyboard disconnected or connected the whole time. Switching from disconnected to connected while charging is a problem right now.

I can't say which iOS version started this issue, as I just bought my Create case a couple of weeks ago. FYI, Apple's Smart Keyboard, which also uses the Smart Connector, does not seem to have the same issue.

Jan 14, 2018 4:13 PM in response to rtbatch

I spoke with both Apple and Logitech many times about this problem. Apple states it‘s a third party keyboard so it’s up to Logitech to fix, (which makes sense). Logitech just continues to lie about a fix and sends out new keyboards with the same issue. The problem is also that Apple sells the faulty keyboards in thear stores. I believe the problem should be Logitech’s to fix but they won’t even call you back.I have filed a review with the Better Business Buread about this. I’m going to try to call Apple corporate office tomorrow and see if I can get through. In the meantime I have switched to the Zagg Rugged Book Pro and love it. The charging problem occurs with every updated iPad Pro and every Logitech Create keyboard across the board.

Jan 14, 2018 4:14 PM in response to micmac44

I spoke with both Apple and Logitech many times about this problem. Apple states it‘s a third party keyboard so it’s up to Logitech to fix, (which makes sense). Logitech just continues to lie about a fix and sends out new keyboards with the same issue. The problem is also that Apple sells the faulty keyboards in thear stores. I believe the problem should be Logitech’s to fix but they won’t even call you back.I have filed a review with the Better Business Buread about this. I’m going to try to call Apple corporate office tomorrow and see if I can get through. In the meantime I have switched to the Zagg Rugged Book Pro and love it. The charging problem occurs with every updated iPad Pro and every Logitech Create keyboard across the board.

Mar 5, 2018 5:06 PM in response to pammie20

Good luck with that...Logitech says it is an Apple problem and vice versa. It seems like it should be a simple fix for someone, but customers are stuck in the middle. Still....on “review” sites they are still lauding the keypad as the best thing ever. Too bad, until this started happening I had the case/keyboard for allmost two years with no problems and it was the best keyboard for an iPad I ever used.

Apr 7, 2018 7:43 AM in response to micmac44

I have the exact same issue. I have had apple replace the ipad and I have had the keyboad replaced. Still doing it. Apple is now going to replace the ipad again like that will help lol... this is deffinetly a software issue. Apple did somthing to cause this issue sense their keybord is **** and eveyone is buying the logitech. My ipad and case worked fine for over a year so one of these new updates is the problem in my opinion.

Apr 7, 2018 8:12 AM in response to The pizza Man

This is not my experience. I have had the Logitech keyboard with the smart connector and it has never charged the iPad when smart connector connected. If it’s Apple software issue it’s been this way on my unit since inception. it’s either Logitech firmware or Apple software issue. Point is whomever is able to fix it has to fix it and hasn’t. It’s definitely not hardware.

iPad Pro 9.7 charging issues w/ Logitech Create Case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.