Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.7.2 CD Burning Issues

On my Windows 10 PC that hosts my primary iTunes music collection (70000+ songs) just completed the upgrade to the latest iTunes release (shows 12.7.2.58 as the version) via the Apple Software Update process.

After completing the upgrade I attempted to burn the playlists for 4 new classical albums (all MP3 downloads) to CD-R media. The CD burning process for all 4 albums failed with the following error message: "The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred. (0x80004005)".

In each instance the albums played without issue when listening to them via iTunes (and my computer speakers).

Thinking that this may be an issue with iTunes 12.7.2 I logged on to another computer with an iTunes instance that had not been upgraded (the iTunes version on the other PC is 12.7.1.14). I copied the MP3 files for all 4 albums to that iTunes instance and then created playlists for each album. Was able to burn the playlists for all 4 albums to CD media with NO errors.

I will also note that with iTunes 12.7.2.58 I was able to burn one playlist to CD successfully but the burning process was painfully slow (4-5 times slower than normal).

Based on these results it appears to me that iTunes 12.7.2 has some significant bugs/issues relating to burning playlists to CD media.

REB

null-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 7, 2017 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2017 2:46 AM

Hugorelly wrote:

Where to find the previous version of i-Tunes please? I cannot get hold of it.

Uninstall iTunes. Download and install one of the following as appropriate:

Thanks to Ridley1555 we know it isn't necessary to uninstall the other components in this instance, nor do you need to roll back your database.

tt2

431 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2017 2:46 AM in response to Hugorelly

Hugorelly wrote:

Where to find the previous version of i-Tunes please? I cannot get hold of it.

Thanks to Ridley1555 we know it isn't necessary to uninstall the other components in this instance, nor do you need to roll back your database.

tt2

Dec 20, 2017 9:41 AM in response to Robb2012

As given above:

Uninstall iTunes (You can leave the other Apple components alone).

Download and install one of the following as appropriate:

I'm sure there will be updates in this thread when another build comes out.

tt2

Dec 21, 2017 10:55 AM in response to ksall

Abbreviation: ttr2 pasted from his post

My Library was intact after uninstalling then reinstalling the above version

Hope this helps

Dec 22, 2017 3:24 PM in response to mariopd

Turingtest2 posted this on the previous page.

Uninstall iTunes. (You can leave the other Apple components alone).

Or await the next build.

tt2

This worked for me.

Dec 22, 2017 3:34 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you, turingtest2, for the clarification and the SyncToy tip, as well as the links to the older executables!

Your technique worked perfectly for me. After using SyncToy to backup 135 GB of iTunes (just to be safe), uninstalling iTunes 12.7.2.58 and installing the earlier version (12.7.1.14), I've created 5 CDs so far without a hitch! To paraphrase your messages:

First download, install and setup SyncToy, a free Microsoft incremental backup utility; very useful!

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2682

Use SyncToy to backup your iTunes library. Above link contains detailed steps.

Uninstall iTunes (You can leave the other Apple components alone).

Dec 24, 2017 11:00 AM in response to dennystump

Turningtest2 posted this this helped me and my library was in tact when uninstalling then re-installing the 10/30/17 version of iTunes

There would appear to be a general issue burning from iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows.

A workaround is to uninstall iTunes then download and install one of the following as appropriate:

tt2

Dec 26, 2017 12:43 AM in response to firedog28

Turingtest2 posted this. this helped me and my library was in tact when uninstalling then re-installing the 10/30/17 version of iTunes

There would appear to be a general issue burning from iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows.

A workaround is to uninstall iTunes then download and install one of the following as appropriate:

tt2

Dec 29, 2017 1:43 AM in response to Graeme02

Turingtest2 posted this. this helped me and my library was in tact when uninstalling then re-installing the 10/30/17 version of iTunes

tt2

Dec 30, 2017 6:12 AM in response to Graeme02

Hi Graeme,

Posted already in the thread. Simply uninstall iTunes from the programs/apps and features control panel, then install the relevant version from one of these two links. You probably have a 64-bit system.

tt2

Jan 4, 2018 5:00 PM in response to frontburner10

Rolling back to iTunes 12.7.1.14 may be easier than transferring your playlists into Windows Media Player.

Uninstall iTunes then download and install one of the following as appropriate:

An alternative suggestion is to limit the burn speed to something slower than you would normally use.

Reports suggest Apple are aware of the issue but there is no ETA for a new build.

tt2

Jan 8, 2018 9:13 PM in response to JLowe823

This is from turingtest2

My library was intact after doing this. This worked for me

Rolling back to iTunes 12.7.1.14 may be easier than transferring your playlists into Windows Media Player.

Uninstall iTunes then download and install one of the following as appropriate:

An alternative suggestion is to limit the burn speed to something slower than you would normally use.

Reports suggest Apple are aware of the issue but there is no ETA for a new build.

Jan 13, 2018 3:42 AM in response to Mrssparks

To save you hunting through the thread my suggested workaround is to uninstall iTunes then download and install one of the following as appropriate:

Others have reported success limiting the burn speed to 1x or 2x. Use the right-click context menu to burn rather than the File menu.

tt2

iTunes 12.7.2 CD Burning Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.