Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Boot Camp "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" Loop

Hello. I'm not sure if this question has already been answered, but my MacBook Air is stuck in a windows installation loop, saying,

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation".

This, of course, leads to an endless loop.

The Shift+F10 trick seems to only work for Windows computers (I could be totally wrong), but that's the only solution the internet provides. I really need some help. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air

Posted on

Dec 29, 2017 10:39 AM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

This is what shows up on my part when I press in the alt/option key. From here I'm able to get back to the mac, however when restarting the computer you end up trying to boot windows again. Should I just try uninstalling windows completely, or would it somehow be possible to make make things work?User uploaded file

Dec 29, 2017 10:39 AM

Reply Helpful

Jan 15, 2018 2:08 AM in response to xzax In response to xzax

It’s a problem with the BootCamo drivers. I worked on this problem this week-end: the problem come from the AMD or/and the Intel drivers provided by Apple.

My « solution »: install win 10, but not the last Apple boot camp drivers!!!

By the way, you can install all the windows updates ...

Jan 15, 2018 2:08 AM

Reply Helpful

Jan 22, 2018 10:02 PM in response to zdenek152 In response to zdenek152

If you have the loop boot problem, try to boot the computer on windows. After a few tries, you will see a « restoration » system. You have some options on the menu.

- boot on safe mode and uninstall the graphics drivers

- go back to a previous restoration point (if you had activated it previously)

- go back to a « fresh install »

It’s the only solutions I know, maybe others exists.

Jan 22, 2018 10:02 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 23, 2018 11:03 AM in response to AriaR78 In response to AriaR78

Hey,

Did you solve this problem eventually or did you give up on installing windows? I have the exact same problem and I still can't find the solution... I can't even try the "Shift+F10 trick" cause Touch Bar does not work in windows or at least when installing windows...

Jan 23, 2018 11:03 AM

Reply Helpful

Jan 27, 2018 5:25 PM in response to IsaiahDea In response to IsaiahDea

Im also having the same issue.. I was able to get through the whole process up until the ending of the windows installation. It says that "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation". My question is, how can I restart the installation? Whenever I click ok, it restarts the computer and boots back to Windows with the same message. Of course I can boot back to macOS but I cant do anything there to restart the windows installation?

Jan 27, 2018 5:25 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: AriaR78

Question: Boot Camp "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" Loop