Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iCloud Terms and Conditions - Cannot Accept

Just got a new iPhone X and restored the data from my old iPhone 6 Plus to it. All is well except that I'm unable to accept the new iCloud Terms and Conditions. I click on the link under settings, click Agree twice to the terms, and it does nothing. Now it's popping up notifications regularly to agree to the terms, but I can't. What needs to be done?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 21, 2017 3:10 PM in response to quixotic68 In response to quixotic68

Just fixed this hrough Apple support.

go into iCloud in settings, general

log out of iCloud. Save everything when asked. Notes, etc. (Buttons). It will turn off your find my phone.

Log back in. (Enter your password). Merge everything back in when asked. Voila

Dec 21, 2017 3:27 PM in response to quixotic68 In response to quixotic68

Hello,

I have this same problem. I have a new iPhone X. And I've upgraded to the latest iOS.

I have agreed to the new iCloud terms and conditions over and over and the red token still appears.

I have started and restarted my phone. I have checked "Restrictions" and that is "off".

In Settings, when I click my name, there is no red link that says "Sign Out of iCloud". When I click the "iCloud" icon underneath my name, it gives me the storage statistics and apps using iCloud. But there is no "Sign Out" option.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Solved

Dec 13, 2017 10:04 AM in response to quixotic68 In response to quixotic68

Hi quixotic68,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you restored a backup to your iPhone X and since then you're not able to accept updated iCloud Terms and Conditions. Let's see if we can resolve this together. Here are some troubleshooting steps to start with:

First, make sure to restart your iPhone (if you haven't already.) -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, check and see if Restrictions are enabled on your device. -- Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If so, disable restrictions and try accepting the iCloud Terms and Conditions again.

If Restrictions are not enabled, or that step doesn't solve it, next try signing out of iCloud. Once you're signed out, restart your iPhone, and then sign back in to iCloud. For help with signing out/in to iCloud, see the following Support articles:

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Let us know if any of these steps help.

Best Regards.

Dec 13, 2017 10:04 AM

Reply Helpful (19)

Dec 18, 2017 8:55 AM in response to becky_s22 In response to becky_s22

Hi,

I have the same issue and tried what you suggested but when I want to log off icloud it gives me an error message: verification failed. There was an error connecting to iCloud.

I have tried while I was on WiFi and without WiFi. Still same error.

Dec 18, 2017 8:55 AM

Reply Helpful (11)

Dec 21, 2017 3:10 PM in response to quixotic68 In response to quixotic68

Just fixed this hrough Apple support.

go into iCloud in settings, general

log out of iCloud. Save everything when asked. Notes, etc. (Buttons). It will turn off your find my phone.

Log back in. (Enter your password). Merge everything back in when asked. Voila

Dec 21, 2017 3:10 PM

Reply Helpful (17)

Dec 21, 2017 3:27 PM in response to quixotic68 In response to quixotic68

Hello,

I have this same problem. I have a new iPhone X. And I've upgraded to the latest iOS.

I have agreed to the new iCloud terms and conditions over and over and the red token still appears.

I have started and restarted my phone. I have checked "Restrictions" and that is "off".

In Settings, when I click my name, there is no red link that says "Sign Out of iCloud". When I click the "iCloud" icon underneath my name, it gives me the storage statistics and apps using iCloud. But there is no "Sign Out" option.

Dec 21, 2017 3:27 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Dec 29, 2017 5:46 PM in response to robertgrah In response to robertgrah

I have the exact same problem! None of the procedures above resolved the issue.

I’m considering restoring again, but I’m afraid it will drag the same mistake.

There should be an easy fix for this!

Could someone please review this one more time???

Dec 29, 2017 5:46 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: quixotic68

Question: iCloud Terms and Conditions - Cannot Accept